Monday, May 13, 2013

Spring Time - Planting Seeds.

It has been spring for a some time now.  People all over are planting seeds.  I have no time for that even though I would love to.  Instead, I am planting other seeds.  Seeds that are spoken of in the Book of Mormon.  Every time I run into someone on the streets and try to talk with them, I plant a seed in there heart.  I had many opportunities this week to plant some seeds.  One instance is one man that we stopped in a park.  We introduced ourselves and he said "No, no, no."  I asked him why and also explained a little bit more about who we are.  He wasn't interested but I asked him some questions that I don't normally ask.  I asked;  What do you do to grow your faith?  He said he prays and that is all.  I asked him if he reads the scriptures.  He said no.  I asked him if he goes to church.  He said no.  I began to testify about how I have been blessed personally by actively growing my faith and gave him our card.  We departed.  As we walked away, the man said "I will come to church some time, I promise.  I am serious."  This little experience for me was very nice.  I know when we actively grow are faith, we are blessed.  And especially when we share our ideas of faith growing with people, we are blessed and others are blessed.  I hope to see him some time.  Also this week we have continued our "Door Tours", as we call them.  We stand at our church building and catch people walking past to give them a tour.  This week we got new new people to teach from them.  Also, I met a father and son that are both interested in religion.  They said that this next Sunday they will try to come.  These two, if they start being taught by us and are baptised and become members, will be a great addition to the small branch of České Budějovice and future priesthood holders.
 
Quick funny story.  All will enjoy this.  So, Yesterday was Sunday.  I play the piano at church.  I chose songs and put the numbers up on a display so the members knew which songs to sing.  We get to the sacrament hymn and almost no one is singing alóng.  I continue thinging that they will catch on (The is what they usually do with less known songs).  They didn't really.  Later, after church I was told that I was playing a completely different song than that that the members had in front of them.  That is why no one knew the song I was playing.  Not a big problem, I was told that people still enjoyed church.  :)
 
I also, yesterday, got to talk with my parents and family for Mother's Day.  I have the best family.  Next time I talk with them will be in person.  That is weird.  I only have 6 months left.  Unbelievable...
 
Well, I don't know how to explain this now, but this week I have had many spiritual moments where I feel the spirit in abundance.  I love teaching people about the restored gospel in its purity and simplicity.  It is so true.  I love to brighten people's days here when it is hard to find lasting happiness.  I love to tell people what I know to be true.  I love working side by side with the Lord to bring God's children to Him.
 
I don't have much else to say this week,
Výměňte Strach Vírou!
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment