Monday, June 17, 2013

We've Been Busy. It is Good.

Hello All!  It is good to be here.  I hope that everyone had a fantastic week.  From what I hear about home, it all sounds well.  I am doing well here.  This last week, we taught a lot.  Since I got here in České Budějovice, each week we have gotten more and more opportunities to be missionaries - and being a missionary is great. The great big other flood announced never came to us.  They have been letting the rivers flow out all the last couple weeks.  No damage here, so that is a big blessing for everyone here. 
 
This last Monday we visited a less active family and had Family Home Evening with them.  I hope and pray that soon they will come back to church.  They are a great family and many people always ask about them.  Pretty much the whole branch misses them.  On Tuesday we had a nice English class and had a couple other meetings with people.  Our District Meeting was also that day, which I lead.  Being district leader is difficult for me because I feel like I could do better but I don't know how.  That is where prayer comes in.  I guess I need to pray more.  This experience will bring good so, I will just have to continue it.  On Wednesday we taught a few more lessons.  Thursday we had our Czech class for foreigners.  One person came - the sisters' investigator Constantin.  He is very smart.  He is from Romania and knows so much about nature, plants, math, physics, etc.  We also that day taught another 4 people and a couple on Friday.  Then we tracted on Saturday.  It was nice tracting.  We didn't find anyone new, but I felt very calm and the spirit.  I felt like a missionary so much.  Sometimes the work becomes repetitive, but that day I decided to be super positive and everything and it was great.  We then went to sports day and played soccer with some of our investigators and members.  A member Gita who is mentally handicapped played with us and she made a soccer goal!  She was SO excited.  She said it was the first goal she has made in a long time.  She went home and told all her friends on facebook.  She is a great member.  She makes everyone's day.  She is always positive and smiley.  Reminds me of my awesome brother Adam.  He is the best brother one could have.  Sunday We had church and a good turn out.  16 people came!  After we had 3 lessons that we had to run around to and brought the sacrament to 2 of them.  It reminded me of when I would serve the older people in my ward when I was a in the young men's program in the church.  Those were good days.  I enjoy talking with the older people.
Missionary work is going well.  It is surprising how fast my mission is going by.  I am grateful for my experiences out here.
I must go now.  Don't forget... Replace Fear with Faith. ;)

Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment