Saturday, November 30, 2013

Poslední Týden!

I am in my last few days in the country.  My mission has been good and has gone by fast.  I am excited to come home and see my family and start the next chapter of my life.  Until then, the work continues.
Last week we had a zone conference.  At the conference I, as well as the other missionaries in my group, gave my departing testimony.  It is a tradition for in your last conference you share with everyone what you learned on your mission, joys and your testimony.  It was difficult.  I didn't think I would get emotional, but it snuck up on my and I lost it.  I talked about many things and I can't remember all I said, but mainly I shared about how much my testimony in God has been strengthened.  I know God is there and I notice and feel His influence every day.  It is a beautiful thing to feel.
We had a couple singing displays this week too.  We sang at a place called Dejvice and at Museum.  It was great both times because there were extra missionaries there from other cities visiting for visa work, and we got to sing Christmas songs!!!!!  I love Christmas and the spirit that fills the air.  I thought about it today and there is a spirit of love, warmth, gratitude, and togetherness around Christmas time along with the nice smells in the air of burning wood, sweets, etc.
Today for P-Day we had a "turkey bowl" with President and his family, soon we will go back to their place for dinner.  Later this evening is a baptism of someone the sisters are teaching.

I have no more to say.  I will keep it short and sweet.  My mission has been great.  Not boring or disappointing, but pleasant and uplifting.  I am happy for all the people I met and have been able to help.  I am thankful for my family that has supported me the whole way.  I am gratful to my Father in Heaven for His patience with me and His hand in all things.  I pray that the people in the country of the Czech Republic will be blessed in coming to know of the truth and knowledge of the gospel.  It truly makes people happy.

Everyone, Until we meet again - Replace Fear with Faith!
Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment