Monday, March 19, 2012

The Work is Great!

Not much has happened since last time I wrote (5 days ago), but some weekly letter worthy things.  I will have to write quick because I don't have a lot of time left to email.
 
We are working hard here in Přivoz Ostrava.  Elder Clyde, Elder Stimpson, and I are very pleased with what we have to work with.  Our companionship is probably the best.  We have AWESOME studies.  Our district is also the best.  We have two missionaries who are on their last transfer and both sound like Czechs. They are both training new missionaries.  The two new missionaries are so ready to serve.  I am glad we have them in Ostrava.  They already have such a good grasp on the language and are fearless.  :)
 
So some exciting news; I got a letter from my brother Adam.  He is 15, but mentally 5 or 6.  He is such an awesome brother.  I loved the letter I got.  It was scribbles that said "Dear Preston, Love Adam."  I love him so much and can't wait to see him again.  :)
 
An American came to our branch a couple weeks ago and asked us if there was anything from America we wanted.  We said no, but he came last week with Rootbeer flavoring to make Rootbeer because they don't have it here!  It was sure nice of him.
 
We have 3 people on date for baptism, for the 7th of April.  Andy, Adam, and Mario.  They are really cool.  Andy is from Nigeria, moved to Italy, and now is moving here for work.  He speaks no Czech, but he says he is confident that with God's help, anything is possible.  He is so ready!  I am excited for him.  Mario, is Czech and speaks German and English as well.  And Adam is about 20 years old and is such a cool guy.
 
Last thing before I get off;  We were doing a district contact the other day which is when you contact as a district with one goal in mind then you meet back up to talk about how it went.  We went out in our tri-panionship and started talking to people.  We met a lady who we told about our message then invited her to church.  We gave her our card and walked away.  Just down the road we saw her walking toward us again.  SHe crossed the street to us and proceeded to say "You gave me such a beautiful message and I never gave you anything in return."  As she said this, she tried to give us a hundred crown bill (a little under $5) but we declined and she kept trying to put it in our hands and  said we are here as volunteers and do it for free because we know our message is true and if for everyone.  It is a message from God to His children.
 
I am glad to be a missionary and to spread this message to God's children, my brothers and sisters.  I know this church is true and the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  Take care and replace fear with faith this week.  I love you all.
 
Starší Bahr
 
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment