Monday, March 5, 2012

Transfers!!!... next week.

Next week we have transfers.  This transfer has gone by SO INCREDIBLY quickly.  My sister Kylee gave me the realization this week that I am already 1/6th the way through my mission.  It is VERY odd to think that.  I am going to miss being a missionary.  I can already feel that.  Just last night, I had a dream that I was home, riding in a car with my family.  I looked at my watch at the date and it said 03-28-12.  I freaked out in my dream and was devastated that I didn't finish my two year mission.  I woke up rather quickly to a cold sweat.  I woke up and wasn't tired and half asleepish, but I was wide awake and thinking about the dream I just had.  It felt SO real.  However, I am still out here and glad to be out here.  Hopefully when it comes to the 28th of this month, I will still be here too.  :)
 
So this week was not all that exciting, nothing huge happened, but I defiantly felt the spirit and am pleased with the past week.
 
First, a few funny things that happened.  We were tracting and knocked on someone's door and he opened it and asked "Vy jste Policie?"  He thought we were the police.  :)  Also, all this week, people have been thinking I am something other than American.  One day someone on the tram asked if I was from Ireland.  Just yesterday, I got 3 others.  One person asked if I was from England, another one; a kid said something in Italian and replied "Nemluvím italský".  (I don't speak Italian), the last one, an older guy started speaking a bunch of French to me!  I told him I was American and was like "Oh, ok...", then continued in Czech.  What ethnicity does everyone reading this think I am?
 
Anyway, on to the spiritual part of this week.  Early in the week I was reading in the Book of Mormon and came across something that changed my life.  I read it and immediately acted on the prompting from the spirit.  I can't explain any more what the experience was, because it was personal, but it lets me know for sure that the scriptures are for us!  Individually!  Prophets from the Book of Mormon saw our day and each of us and wrote to us.  It is not a book just for Mormons, bookworms, etc., but for ALL of God's children.  I challenge all who read this  to get a copy and start reading if you don't, and for those of you who do read - Get a copy and in THIS WEEK, give it to a friend of yours THIS WEEK.  I bet, right now even, you have someone in mind who you could give a copy to.  I promise, that person you have in mind can use this book in their life Right Now.  The person you have in mind was a prompting given to you by the power of the Holy Ghost.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it can help everyone.
 
Speaking of the Book of Mormon, I had never finished the Book of Mormon before just recently.  I promised myself I would finish it before I started my mission so I would not be a hypocrite saying "I have read this book and know it is true."  That didn't happen, so I said, before I leave the Missionary Training Center I will finish it.  That didn't happen either.  I then told myself I would finish it before the end of the first transfer and here I am a week before the end of the transfer, and I DID finish it.  As I came across Moroni 10:3-5, it didn't just seem like scripture, it felt like a promise to me.  As I read it, I could feel the Holy Ghost testify of the book and I could feels God's love.  I finished it then prayed about it like it says.  As I prayed, I received my answer.  It wasn't a big, miraculous answer, but yet a quiet, simple felling of it's truth.  The Holy Ghost testifies through quiet and gentle feelings, that is why he is called the still, small voice.  I received an answer which was "You already know the book is true."  However, I just needed to follow the commandment of God, and read the book to get my confirmation that this book IS the word of God, it was written by prophets called of God, and like it says in the introduction of the Book of Mormon "The Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and that man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than any other book."
 
I know that this church is true and that it is led by Jesus Christ Himself.  I am proud to be a member of His church and to have this honor as serving Him as His representative.
 
I hope you all are enduring to the end and living a Christ-like life.  Keep reading the Book of Mormon, as it gives peace and comfort.  Replace fear with faith and turn to God everyday for help.  We cannot survive in this world without His help and the example of His Son Jesus Christ.  Take care.
 
-Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment