Monday, February 27, 2012

Dobrý den!

Today the sun is shining and it is a great day. I have decided to write my weekly email first and then read all the messages I get second so I have time to write everything I want. :) The weather lately reminds me of the weather from back home, but not as bipolar. Yesterday is rained a bit, had a quick hail storm, was sunny, cloudy, and any other weather pattern that the GREAT Northwest has.
First thing I want to write is what I said I would write the past few weeks. An entry from my journal;
2-10-12: "The past few days have helped me realize my purpose here. They have been very good days, which have strengthened my faith in Christ and this work I do! I have been on a few exchanges. The first thing I learned is that goals ARE obtainable. We must have faith, courage, and seek help from others.Next, we have been focusing a lot on new ways of finding. We have tracted unapealing looking places and found beautiful people ready for the gospel. I walked onto the property of paneloks (communist style apartments) and felt something and decided to share it with my companion. It was; 'This place is ready to be harvested.' As we talked to these people and as I have been contacting with other missionaries, I feel for sure the spirit working through me. Seeking the spirit for what people need to hear is the key to their hearts. Last couple great experiences I had were from lessons and things like them. We have an investigator named Alena Fafejtova. She is ready for baptism, but only needs to stop smoking. She has such a humble and sincere heart. She is very precious to God and myself. I love speaking in behalf of Christ and God to her and promising her blessings. The other experience was on an exchange as well. My companion and the other elder he was with went to a lesson and then came back and told me that Mario (an investigator) said to them that he feels a very deep and strong spiritual connection with me. It makes me feel great to hear things like this that I impact peoples' lives so much, when I don't feel like I am doing that well. These experiences give me confidence to do this work. It gives me strong evidence of the truthfulness of this church. It strengthens my testimony. It helps me realize that God is our Heavenly Father and Christ is His son and our brother and that Christ is our savior who died on the cross to save us all. I am greatful to be a missionary now and to be in this part of the vineyard to serve God and dedicate and consecrate me life at this point in time to help other lost sheep come unto Christ to partake of the fruit of the tree of life. My heart swells when I serve these people in the Czech Republic and when I feel the success I am having. As long as I am doing all I can, God is pleased and it is not a waste of time. Do not forget these feelings. They are TRUE! Christ is right by yourside. Keep your head help high."
Even going back and reading this over helps me when times get rough. I am loving it our here.
I don't know if I wrote it last week, but recently my companion and I were walking to a local grocery store to get dinner and a lady at the cross walk kept looking at us. I felt the impression to talk to her. A few steps after the crosswalk, I talked to her and introduced us to her. She then said she could feel that we were from the Lord. We were in a hury, so we invited them to church the next Sunday. They never came, but I am glad that I acted on that feeling I had.
A few days ago, we were just down the road from Poland! We got the assignment to go to Bohumin to see a less active. Sad thing was, we couldn't find their house. But It was nice to spread the gospel in another city.
In church this Sunday, I got to share the missionary thought in sacrament meeting. I talked about Alma 26:27, and talked about how Christ and God have comforted me while times have been tough out here. Then I shared another scripture to relate to everyone it was Alma 26:37. It was a great chance to share personal experience and give people hope. Also in church, before it started, two people came up to me and commented on how they could see that I was in such a happy attitude. I like when people notice things like that.
We had an apartment inspection this week by the senior couples in the mission. We passed. They commented that the apartment is the best it has been in a LONG time! I thank my mom for my house cleaning skills. One funny thing though which we reported to them was that the microwave smokes if something cooks for over 30 seconds. In the report, Sister Erb wrote that the microwave is not keeping the Word of Wisdom. :)
This week, we started teaching a family!!!!!! Our investigator Mario let us come over to teach in his home with his (currently) girlfriend Eva. My companion and I are pretty happy we have a family to teach.
Lastly. I read over some old letters people wrote to me, my mission call, and old journal entries lastnight. I have a new fire for the gospel. I am so happy I can serve here. I love the people here, my family, my companion, the other Elders and Sisters in the mission, and... well, just life in general is great. I know that what I am doing is truely what the Lord did while he walked the earth. I am happy to be a representative of him. This church is true. This gospel is true. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and through him, the church of Jesus Christ was restorted. Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today, being led by God. I love this church.
I am thankful for my friends, my family, I love my Mom, my Dad, my sister Robbie, my sister Dani, her husband Dave and their 2 kids, my sister Kylee, my sister Casey, my brother Adam, and all of you who support me. I love you all and am greatful for how you have impacted my life. Don't forget to replace fear with faith! Until next week!
-Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment