Monday, February 6, 2012

Awesome Week.

This week was difficult but fun.  Few things happened, some fun things happened and like always, quick.
 
Every week I have been here, I have had to travel somewhere.  This week was no different.  We had zone conference.  It was with Elder Causse (correct spelling?) of the seventy.  He taught very well.  He addressed all our questions and was able to really listen to us and help us.  His words were truly inspired.  He taught us to have a vision of what we would like to see in this mission in the next couple years.  As he taught us through out the day for a  total of probably 4 hours, each comment tied in with the one right before it.  He gave me some hope too.  He said that when people choose not to listen to us, they reject the gospel, not us.  If we are doing all we can, we have nothing to worry about.  He later taught about how we need to focus on the important things.  He related it to a jeweler who made this extravagant box to display a beautiful pearl on, and like he was wanting, he got more business.  He later realized the reason for all this attention was this box that was displaying the pearl.  It was distracting from the important piece.  In our missionary work, we need to focus on teaching the people.  It doesn't matter what we wear, who we talk to, our language we use; as long as we edify the investigator.  We went on to speak about some other things like pray for who to teach before you question where you should find people to teach, find when you teach and teach when you find, and many other very wise council.  It was a VERY GOOD conference.  At the end when we sang our mission song, I had trouble because the words really touched me.  I love our song.  I am going to try to learn it on piano.
 
I got my picture of my family in a nice frame in the mail.  It made me SO happy.  It is a great picture and it looks like they are right in front of me smiling.  It makes me feel like I am closer to them.  :)  Thank you family!
 
So last Saturday, we had a full day and We were super pumped about all the lessons!!!  That day, one right after another cancelled on us.  We ended up with one.  All is well though, we are going to keep trying to meet with them.
 
Funny story.  We were contacting at a local Naměstí (Townsquare) and I walked up to this guy and his girlfriend.  I spoke to them and they started to say that they were Polish and didn't understand Czech.  We then asked if they spoke English and they said "Nein... Deutsch..."  So I began to speak to them in German and they looked shocked.  The girlfriend looked at the guy like "What should we do?"  I turned to guy and asked if he spoke German (In German) and he said "Nein", then I asked the girl and she said the same thing!!!!!  We gave them a pass-along card and left.  I think it was funny they were trying to avoid speaking to us and I just happened to speak the language they were trying to counterfeit and trick us with.
 
Another funny story which brightened my day... Last night my companion and I were discussing tomorrows activities when someone buzzed at our door.  We answered it and someone dropped off a tin of something.  We opened it and it was no-bake cookies and heart shaped sugar cookies!  It was hilarious!  On the top of all the cookies was a paper with a heart drawn on it.  Before we opened it, we ran to our balcony to watch them leave our apartment complex.  We saw two people run out and around the corner.  We ran to our back window to see who it was and they kept going.  We don't know who it was, but it was so funny!
 
Other than the fun experiences and the amazing spiritual feast we had, nothing else really happened.  It was a good week and I am happy to be here.  Though there are times when I don't know why I am here... The good times bring me right back up and I embrace this experience I have.  I love it here and pray for everyone back home.  I love you all and everyone who supports me.  I am glad to hear from my family and how well off they are and how happy they are each week.  Remember to keep replacing fear with faith.  Take care!
 
Until next week,
Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment