Monday, January 30, 2012

Week Four!

I am shocked at how fast time flies!!! I am already in my fourth week!

So. This past week was fun! First off, I want to say that I went on
an exchange with an Elder from my MTC group. It was crazy. Two
greenies serving together for a day. We had a lesson with a guy named
Michal. He is really similar to an investigator that our MTC teacher
played and we are both convinced that it IS him. I am excited about
that. Both Michals had the same background story and everything!
That would be cool if it was him. :) I asked my MTC teacher in a
letter, so in a couple weeks after he replies, I should know. Michal
always talks about our teacher too, so that is another convincing
piece of evidence.

So last Friday is was really cold. Actually it has been really cold
since I got here. Yesterday it was 10 degrees fahrenheit! But
anyway, last Friday it was so cold that when we got back to our
apartment, I pulled my mini slovník (dictionary) out of my pocket and
it had frost of it!

We had a lesson with a Jana and it was very spiritual. We explained
why the fall of Adam was a good thing. I felt the spirit teaching
though me. I taught a big chuck of it too. My Czech is slowly, but
surely getting better.

The past few weeks, one day a week we have had to travel somewhere.
Last week we went to Brno for specialized training. All the lessons
prepare were very good. We practiced some good things that are
necessary in teaching. Also, we had more in depth interviews with out
mission presidents. I brought up some concerns about my testimony. I
had felt that since I started my mission, my testimony had weakend.
President Irwin then talked to me about patience. I have decided to
study patience now. I feel better and I am thankful we have mission
presidents to help us. I have so much more confidence in my testimony
and I feel like this next week is going to be very good. We have a
bunch of lessons with people and I am excited to share what I know is
true with people!

We also have a trip to Brno again for zone conference this week! We
get to hear from a member of the seventy. Then in March, we get to
hear from an apostle!

Oh, another thing about last week's Brno meeting. My sister Dani will
be excited to hear this; I found a Döner Kebab!!! I got one, and it
was delicious. A Döner Kebab is like a Gyro, but kind of German. :)
Also, another thing I tried last week was something that is
surprisingly good. Aloe Vera Water. It is sweet water with pieces of
Aloe Vera floating around. It is a drink that you either like or
don't like. I like it.

Interesting story; Lately, I have been waking up at like 2 and 5 in
the morning. I don't know why though. And it is almost always at
these exact times! Also, regarding sleep... I had some pretty cool
dreams lately and they are all things that I want to do. I had one
where I was flying commercial jets for an airline, I tried out for
American Idol, I was on a hockey team, and I met President Monson.
Funny thing with the President Monson dream: we were at a big theater
and he was sitting in the balcony in the same row as me. I decided to
show him a magic trick. However, everytime I did it, I messed up. I
probably did it 20 times before I got it right.

Anyway, back to my letter. I enjoy it here and see the Lords hand in
may things. I really enjoy being able to walk up to anyone an bear
testimony to them that God loves them and that there is a way to
return to live with him again. I know that what I am doing is Gods
work and that I am here as a representative of Jesus Christ. I love
the gospel and the organization in the church. This is the church of
JEsus Christ on the earth today. Through Christ we can get through
anything. As we replace fear with faith, God will open up pathways
for us and give us blessings. Take care until next week. I love you
all!

-S Laskou, Starší Bahr.

P.S. Happy Birthday Robbie!


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment