Tuesday, January 3, 2012

7 Days till Prague!!!

Good Morning Everyone!
 
It is good to wake up and the first thing done, write to everyone and tell people about my experiences I have had.
 
This last week was not AMAZING, but it was good.  Some fun things happened.
 
First off, remember how I recently had to get a root canal?  Then I said how my English companion needed one?...  Well, our Italian companion just got one too.  He was having a bad toothache, so he needed to get one.  It is funny because all three of us had the wonderful opportunity to share the experience together of getting a root canal.  I used to think of us as the "Tall Trio" because we are all so tall, and now we are the Tall Trio with Root Canals!  We are all triplets!  We match!  Well, not exactly, because the Englishman and I got ours on our right front tooth, and the Italian got his on one of his molars.
 
The next cool thing that happened was I saw a friend of mine come in last Wednesday!!!!  Good old Ethan Rank showed up!  Right when I saw him, I ran up from behind him and gave him a good hug!  He was probably thinking, "Who is this guy hugging me?"  When he saw who it was, he got excited and it was nice to see another friend of mine.  I have seen so many people I know here.  Also last Wednesday, a couple people from my mission prep class arrived.  I love my friends.  They are awesome, and it is always good to see friends that I haven't seen for a while!
 
Just a few days ago, I was doing a magic trick for Elder Clyde in my class.  It was the trick where I make a pen disappear in my nose in pretty much one second.  After I did this trick, ironically my nose started to bleed.  It was great.  I have never had that happen.  To be honest, the pen doesn't even go up my nose.  I am confused to see how it made my nose do this..... anyway.  :)  Good times.
 
So this last Sunday we had a speaker from the MTC who works in the department regarding taking care of the other MTCs.  His whole talk was sharing pictures and talking about them real quick.  The first few minutes into it, I thought it was going to be boring and a waste of time.  I decided to go on with a good attitude.  By the end, and actually in the middle, I realized the importance.  One of the main ideas was how significant this mission is and how serious it needs to be taken.  He also was sharing stories about other missionaries going to other MTCs and problems they had and how the Lord haled them.  It made my heart soften even more and I want to serve my God even more diligently and help His children, my brothers and sisters.  It was a good Sunday evening fireside.
 
We learned a cool song in Czech this last week!  It is a nursery rhyme of sorts.  It goes like this (Translation is with it):
 
Mama mi dala korunu
My mom gave me some money
Abych koupil rybu.
So that I could buy a fish.
A já, misto ryby, ryby,
And I, instead of a fish
Koupil jsem velrybu.
I bought a whale.
Co dělá ryba?  Ocasem chybá!
What does a fish do?  Moves by the means of his tail!
Proč?  Proč?
Why?  Why?
Protože je ryba rybou!
Because a fish is a fish!
 
I like this song.  We all song it all the time.
 
The last thing was an experience that I had last night that proves that prayer works.  I was going through the last hours of the evening talking with Elder Robison about choir songs we and sang in our High School choirs.  There was a song I was trying to remember that I couldn't and I really wanted to remember it.  I went to bed and laid there and prayed that I would remember this song.  It was a beautiful song and wanted to remember it.  Right when I said "... please help me remember this song."  The song started playing in my head and it sounded great.  I immediately went on the thank my Heavenly Father.  I know that sincere prayer is the key to receiving help from our Heavenly Father.  We just have to replace fear with faith and open up our hearts to God.
 
Next time I write will be in the Czech Republic!  I wish everyone the best!  Cheers!
 
Starší Preston Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment