Monday, January 16, 2012

Hey Everyone!

I am having fun in Ostrava, Czech Republic.  I do not know what all to write and I got so many emails this week that I only have half the time left, but all is well¨.
 
First, I forgot to mention our fast we had for an elder in our district at the MTC.  He had knee problems and potentially had to stay behind at the MTC till he got better or even be sent home for surgery.  Our district decided to fast and long story short, he was completely fine to come with us!  One statement about that... The church is true.
 
Now on to life in Ostrava.  I have had the wonderful opportunity to spend my first transfer with an amazing elder whose last transfer in this one.  He is Elder Gibson from Idaho.  He is probably the best trainer to have.  He lets me do a lot of talking to people.  I have been able to talk with many people here and though about 96 percent turn me away once I mention the name Jesus Christ, there are a few who listen and it is very nice.  I have been able to get probably 5 phone numbers for return appointments.
 
This week......... I do not know what to say.  It has been good.  It has snowed everyday since we have been here.  We have a nice view of a big kostel (Catholic Church) out our back window and mountains, some city, and some sort of industrial plant out the front.  It is cold here, but I love it.  We are on the 4th floor of an apartment complex and have a balcony.  The elevator is jank.  It occasionally gets stuck but then with some work, it gets free.  I love it.  :)
 
We have had one meeting with an investigator named Geyza.  He has met with missionaries a lot but has not been baptized.  We are working on him.  He will eventually sometime this transfer.  Other than that, our other few meetings have fallen through and people on the street scatter like cockroaches when they see us or somehow sense us coming.
 
I wish I had more time to email and more things to talk about, but I will let pictures explain that and this next week I will write a list of things to talk about like I did in the MTC so I can remember it all.  I will send the pictures in a different email.
 
Take care and replace fear with faith.
 
Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment