Tuesday, February 21, 2012

P-Day in Prague

This weeks email is one day delayed.  Two days ago we got a text from President Irwin asking us to come to Prague the next day (yesterday).  It was for an interview with my companion Elder Gibson because he has three weeks left till he goes home!  We had to get a train to Prague at 4am to get there around 8am.  President said that he could meet with him after 10:30, so we went to go see more of Prague.  We went to the top of the big cathedral there and went to Charles Bridge.  It was like my first day in Prague, but during the day light.
 
We also had specialized training this week!  Like always, they are better than I think they will be.  We talked about setting a vision for what we would like to see in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.  Our mission goal is to have 21 lessons per week per companionship to reach our bigger goal which is to establish a stake here within 5 years.  It will be difficult to get 21 lessons a week, but challenges are good.  AS we mapped out who we could see each week though, it became a lot more obtainable.  I am excited about it.  We also talked about what we call the commitment sandwich.  It goes like this:
We;
-Testify of a truth of the gospel,
-Promise blessings,
-Commit or invite to do something,
-Promise blessings,
-and Testify!
As we practiced this, I felt more like a missionary and felt the sprit more fully!
 
I read a scripture the other day that I don't remember what it said, but it was beautiful.  Whoever reads this post should look this up: 3 Nephi 9:13.  It is a great scripture.
 
Last week during our exchange, Elder Stimpson (Poruba- Ostrava) and I went on a short run... while it was snowing!!!!!!!!!  It was GREAT!  I loved it.
 
Oh, exciting news.  So before my mission my dad told me that he learned how to solve a Rubik's cube while on his mission.  Hey dad... I am following in your footsteps.  I know how to now!  The other day I solved it in 2 minutes and 21 seconds.  That was a lucky try though because all the other tries it takes me like 5 minutes.  I like to be like my dad.  I love him so much.  I love my mom so much too!  That is why my favorite scripture is Alma 57:21.  Look that one up too!
 
So in our branch last week, we had a talent show to fellowship more.  I did magic.  Other people showed golf clubs, pictures they drew, things they have sewn, and some other cool things.  One of our investigators, Mario, and his family came!  It made me happy.
 
Lastly something one of our investigators said.  Her name is Alena.  She said to me that just looking at me she can tell that I am a good sincere person.  I love the people here.  A lot of people are not very friendly, but the hearts of the good people overcome the negative vibes.  I am glad to be a member of this church and to be on a mission right now.  The world needs this gospel and it can bless so many people in so many ways.  I know I say this often, but I mean it - I love you all and hope that all is well for you.  Take care everyone!
 
"Replace fear with faith and live without regrets." - Elder Draper (an awesome missionary)
 
I said I would put up something this week that I wanted to write last week, but I have run out of time to write it, so I will try to write it in next weeks email.  Next week I will write more.
 
-Starší Bahr
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment