Monday, July 2, 2012

Good, Simple Week.

I think I will start of this letter with an analogy I thought of this morning.
 
A couple weeks ago was a good week (last week).  This week was not as good.  I would like to liken last week's success to polished gold.  We worked hard and won gold.  Last week we made goals and exceeded them.  This week was a bit different.  We made goals and did not make many of them.  This week was tarnished gold.  It does not show it's brilliance.  However, they were both gold.  Yes, one is not so good to look at, but they are both gold.  They both have great worth, to God.  Numbers are not everything.  As long as we do our best, it has great worth!
 
So now for a few things that made this week what it was;
 
We did a singing display on the street with the young single adults in our branch and it went great.  The young single adults loved it.  It even strengthened some of their testimonies.  Yesterday in church a member, who came to sing with us, who is also preparing for a mission, said that he thought the singing display would not be fun at first, but it actually pumped him up even more for his mission.  It reminds me of when I went on mini missions back home.  I know that the full time missionaries I served with had a huge impact on my desire to serve a mission.  When I was younger, I has not enthusiastic about a mission and I probably wasn't going to go.  I am thankful for the opportunities to see what missionary work is like.  I am glad to be out here serving God.  I know this is the right choice for any young man in the church!
 
After English class (we teach English), we showed the Restoration video, which tells about the restoration of the church of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  After we showed it, one lady in there said she felt emotional during it.  That was the Holy Ghost bearing witness of the truthfulness of it.  We just need to help her recognise that.
 
Last week, we also had a lesson with someone who had traumatising experiences with churches in the past.  He said that this lesson was the best he has ever had.  We missionaries still don't know why, but I am glad that he enjoyed it.  The church is true.  :)
 
A couple fun things that happened was that I got knighted by a member here.  All we have to do is speak with the Brno accent/ dialect.  We went to a castle just outside of Brno and she used a sword and everything.  It was fun.  Now, I am a Brno-ite.
 
Also, yesterday was 104 degrees in the sun!!!  Then in the evening, there was a CRAZY lightning storm.  It went on for a few hours and, well, I don't know how to explain it, but a couple lightning strikes actually freaked me out a bit.  Maybe it will be in the news.  You'll have to google it or something.
 
Anyway, I am glad I am here and I know the church is true.  Replace fear with faith and live without regrets.
 
Question of the week;
In Alma 34:14 it says the atonement of Jesus Christ is infininte and eternal.  Why?  Study Up!!
 
Čau, Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment