Monday, July 23, 2012

I am going to LOVE this Transfer!!!

This week has come and gone.  Like I say a lot of weeks - time flies.  Well, I guess that I just emailed last Wednesday, but still...  Sometimes I don't know where it goes!  This week was transfers, so not much was able to get planned, therefore we had few lessons.  My new companion is great.  He is in his 3rd transfer, but he is teaching me SO much!!!  I am excited to see what we can do this transfer.  He has taught me the following already!!!;
~Sincere prayer.  Every one of his prayers are different and I can tell they are from his heart.  I feel like he is actually trying to communicate with God, and he is.
~He has super diligent studies.  I always see him studying.  He starts out with a nice foundation of reading the Book of Mormon then moves on to some conference talks in the Liahona.  Then he studies for our investigators.  I admire his love for missionary work.
~Next, he Teaches by the spirit.  He talks to people on the street or in lessons about what needs to be said.  We were on the street one time and he walked up to some guy with his little girl.  Elder Strobl started to talk to him about faith.  Turns out, he didn't have and faith and it is just what he needed to hear.
~He is very humble.  Even if he may not speak the language very well, he surly speaks from the heart.  He is not afraid to talk about what the spirit is telling him, even if he may struggle here and there trying to explain it.
~Lastly that I have learned from him is that he is very thorough with his planning.  He plans in the most intricate detail so he can be the most effective.
Overall, I am happy and rejoice in what this transfer is going to turn out to be.

I also got my package from my mother that included some Snickers, Home-made strawberry and rhubarb jam, some nice comfortable shoe inserts, a nice pitch pipe for our singing displays, and a nice little gadget to help me journal more and include in my emails all that I would like to say.  Thank you mom and dad.  I love you both so much!!!

So last Saturday, there was a baptism!  Not ours, but it was still a great event to be at.  The girl being baptized was surprised that there were so many people there.  There were a little over 50!!!  A lot of missionaries but also a bunch of members, and her mother who was very proud of her.  During the service, there was a special musical number and it was very good.  It was a quartet.  However, it sounded like more than them were singing.  It was like heaven opened up a little bit.

We then had a good church meeting yesterday.  The speakers were first Starsi Meiling, who was a missionary that finished last transfer.  He was asked to bear his testimony.  Then there was a member that talked forever..., then it was another member that was interesting to listen to, but I didn't understand everything so...  But it was a good church service.  Starsi Meiling has a strong testimony that shows me that testimonies don't need to be long to be powerful.  I felt the spirit when he spoke.  I want my mission to change me just as much as Starsi Meiling.  I didn't know him long, but I can tell how ready he is for life, because of his mission.  After that, we had lunch at the Martin's.  The Martins are a senior couple here.  They are awesome.  At their house, we had "Czech Hot dogs".  They are Roliks that have a hot dog in the center.  As the main part of the meal we had macaroni casserole.  For desert we had a brownie thing, more like cake, with ice cream.  At the end, I was assigned the spiritual thought.  So I decided to do a magic trick.  I did one that uses quite a lot of distraction.  Then I spoke about how if we don't focus on the important things, we will miss them, even if they are right in front of us.  I felt the spirit working through me.  It was a nice experience.

Also, this last week we have noticed quite a trend in people's speech.  This week almost everyone who we talk to for more than 5 minutes talks about how they have their own faith and it is in them.  That, honestly, is one of the most useless excuses ever.  Why do you think Christ went around and taught people so much?  It is because he was sharing it because it is something to be shared.  I have a commitment for everyone who reads this: Share the gospel with 3 people this week.  It is not too much to ask for because for me... I do this ALL day.  Three times is nothing.  I promise if you do this, WITH LOVE, you will feel joy.  Joy sounds like a small prize, but this is not just any regular joy.  You will know what I am talking about when you do it.  No one knows this joy till they experience it.  :)  Share what you know with people, desiring their salvation.  I know this gospel is true and I am ecstatic to have 1 and a half more years to do this.  I love this church.

When you talk with these three people; replace fear with faith and you will touch the hearts of these people and feel the spirit work though you.  Everyone take care this week!  Thank you for all your support!

Evangelium Ježíšě Krista je pravdivé a dává spasení!!!!  Dělte se to!!
Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment