Monday, October 29, 2012

It is Definitely Autumn!

I  say it is autumn because it is just beautiful here in the Czech Republic in the fall.  All of God's beautiful creations are everywhere, in the air, the trees, on the mountains, etc.  There are so many colors of leaves and with the touch of snow on yellow maple leaves in the trees is, well, just great.  Yes, it has started to snow here.  We have been hovering in the 32-38 degree Fahrenheit range this week.  A couple days we woke up with snow and as I write, it is still snowing.  Time to break out the winter sweaters, coats, gloves, and hats!
 
This was a nice week, not as filled with new investigators or lessons, but a great week of growth and missionary work, and fun.  I would like to share just a few things today.
 
So, Monday (last), we planned on going to the zoo which is the best in the Czech Republic.  Our district got all together and started to head over there when we realized we didn't have enough time to go.  So instead, we went to take out last opportunity to find mushrooms in the nearby forests before freezing temperatures destroyed all the mushrooms.  We found a few, but not any that were edible.  I only know of two kinds:  In Czech they are a Babka and Pichavka.  They smell really good, but we didn't find any.  It was too late into autumn.
 
During the rest of the week, we had a few lessons.  One lesson we had a lesson with Dana.  She is doing great.  We taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ - the steps we take to follow Christ and come closer to God. (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the end).  The lesson went very well.  Our member Sister Večeřová gave strong testimony about the gospel blessing her life.
 
This may be a small branch, but there are some strong testimonies!
 
We also had zone conference.  Out of our MTC group, all the Slokav missionaries were there, and I was.  All the other Czechs in my group were in different zones, therefore different conferences.  None the less, it was a great "reunion" and the training was great.  All trainings are great.  They are good times to refocus and polish our missionary skills!
 
Other good news:
Ivo, the new convert in Brno that I taught with Elder Strobl, got the priesthood!  He is progressing like a champ in the gospel.  I am proud of him and am excited for the waiting blessings to unfold to him.  A member named Gad Vojkuvka, who kept the church alive during communism, gave him the priesthood.  His blessing, as I was told was beautiful.
Also, I found out last night that in a small city called Lišeň, just outside of Brno, lives a man that we gave a contact card a few months ago.  Yesterday, this man came to church in Brno and the missionaries are now teaching him.  It is a testimony to me that NO EFFORT is wasted!  Even giving someone a missionaries' contact card can open doors to people lost in this world to learning and coming to know God.
 
In church I got to share my talents and play the organ for sacrament meeting again.  Us missionaries also had talks in church.  We spoke about true conversion and how we can become more converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ.  If I had more time to talk about it, I would, but I don't.
 
I am very grateful that I can be here and serve God.  It is not work, it is a blessing that I gladly take part in.  It is a blessing for me and for others.  I know that this gospel is true and provides eternal lasting happiness.  I know that as we share the gospel and replace that fear we may have with faith, we grow in testimony and learn how to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.  I challenge all who read this: Members of this church - get a missionary contact card from the missionaries next time you see them, and carry it with you this week until you find someone to give it to.  Find an opportunity in an unlikely place like at work, at school, at the store, or on a morning walk and give the card to someone.  NO EFFORT is wasted.  Non-Members - Go to Mormon.org to find contact information.  Either way, I promise thatyou will have joy that you have never experienced before as you share with people or learn for yourself of this message.
 
Everyone have a good week,
I love you all,
Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment