Monday, October 1, 2012

October already and Autumn is showing itself!

The leaves are changing and it is beautiful.  It is nice to be in a nice valley where the hills change color as well.
 
First, I had a great birthday.  My parents sent me some nice things and my twin sister sent me a rarity in the Czech Republic.  Cocoa powder.  I was able to make my companion and I a nice chocolate cake.  Thanks family.  It was a nice memorable birthday in a foreign land.  Oh, my mission president also called me yesterday morning and sang to me.  :)  That was a nice treat.
 
Now that that is out of the way, I need to tell you about some things that happened this week.  We had our zone conference.  We learned about how we can teach people more like the Savior.  To teach with more questions.  As our example Jesus Christ has used this spiritual gift of teaching by asking questions, we can follow him and when people ask us about our religion, we can answer with an inspired question to create an inner soul search in the person being taught.  That is the main thing I learned, now that I look back.
 
Also We had some great teaching moments with people.  I have learned how it is important to be yourself when talking to people.  They will feel your testimony as you bear your own testimony and show your own concern for your brothers and sisters.
 
In one of these occasions I learned a great point.  It is about making mistakes.  When I was younger, my third oldest sister and I got some advent calendars from my dad's friend.  There were enough for me, this sister, and my twin.  When we got them, we decided to eat the advent calendar chocolates that belonged to my twin sister.  We ate them, not thinking that it would cause any harm.  Later my my twin sister came home and my dad said "Casey, there is an advent calendar on your bed for you!"  My sister and I got nervous.  Long story - short, we got in trouble.  We felt horrible for doing it and even to this day, I feel heart-broken about it.  Many times in life, we do things that we don't bother thinking about the consequences.  The thing, is that in the life after this one, after we die and see all we have done.  We will stand before God and realize what we had done against him.  I pray that we will all learn to do what is right now and live without regrets and live how our Father in Heaven would like us to live.
 
"Choose The Right" and replace fear with faith this week.  We will be filled with joy as we do so.
 
-Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment