Monday, December 10, 2012

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY MISSION!!!!!!!

To start off, let me explain the heading of the letter this week.  When I was at home before my mission, I did mini missions.  When I did them, I LOVED THEM!!!  There was a certain feel to it.  It was full of excitement, fun, and the spirit.  There is a missionary that I served with on the mission that especially pumped me up for the mission.  His name was Elder Draper.  He is where I got the famous quote "Replace Fear with Faith!"  He showed me how to work hard and just have fun with the mission.  Since I have been here on my full-time mission, I have felt a void.  My mission just felt like "Missionary Work".  I have not been able to figure out what was missing until just recently.  We as missionaries have what is called an exchange.  We spend a day with another missionary, usually a leader.  This last week, I was on an exchange with a zone leader named Elder Medonich while my companion (the district leader) was on an exchange with the other zone leader.  I thank Elder Medonich so much.  Before I started the exchange, I had a goal to find out what was missing in my mission.  As I went through the exchange, I found it!!!  I needed to have fun with my mission!  Elder Medonich is a hard worker and has fun at the same time.  He reminds me of Elder Draper.  He teaches so powerfully and with conviction and heart, and at the same time he acts himself and easily finds joy in everything.  I can not explain how I would like to so I hope you can understand.  He also taught me how to be more personable with people.  It is hard to express your true self while using another language.  He taught me how to be bold.  His idol is Elder Holland of the twelve apostles and he takes on his characteristics.  On this exchange, I learned how to rekindle the feelings I had when I served with Elder Draper as a mini missionary.  I feel the void being filled now.  I am grateful for the inspired leaders that God calls to direct the work and help each other.
 
That is mainly what I wanted to share.  Here are a few more things I did this week.
 
Monday:  Finished preparation day at home writing letters.
Tuesday:  We had a lesson on plan with someone and later in the day we had some on plan, but had to cancel.  That evening, we travelled to Brno to stay with some missionaries so we wouldn§t have to travel so early for the next day.
Wednesday:  We travelled to Prague to practice singing.  President Irwin chose a handful of Elders to participate in a small choir that is to travel around the Czech Republic to visit church branches.  I had so much joy singing.  I love to sing, especially in choirs.  I can not explain how happy I was to do some nice singing.  We stayed the night there.
Thursday:  I got to help the office Elders make the Christmas Mission slideshow while my companion went to a new district leader training.  Then we had some time before our train came and we sang with the Prague missionaries in a singing display.  We sang Christmas songs.  This day and the day before were great because I got to use my talents that I studied in school; singing and film editing.  Then we travelled home.
Friday:  District meeting and then we started our exchange with the zone leaders.
Saturday:  Finished the exchange and started my new look on missionary work!!  I am excited.
Sunday:  Church.
 
I know this church is true.  I am thankful to serve the Lord and the people in the Czech Republic.  I am thankful for my mission.  I love it.  I am thankful for all the wonderful missionaries who serve and especially those in this great country.  This gospel is true and everyone needs it!  Take it to someone this special time of the year!  Have a great week everyone!
 
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment