Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!!!

Wow, Zlín is on fire with missionary work!  We have 4 people preparing for baptism.  Let me tell you about them.
 
Alena is in her 60's.  This last week, we went to go and find some people we first met a month or so ago and we decided to visit this investigator too.  I have talked about her in the past.  She hasn't had time to meet with us, so we haven't, but we are again now.  We knocked on her door and she opened the door and mentioned how it sounded like our knock on the door.  She invited us in and we had a great lesson.  A couple days later, we came back to a scheduled visit and taught her.  We invited her to baptism and she is happy to prepare for it.  She really feels the comfort in the message of Jesus Christ.
 
Dana is one we met last week.  We met her on the streets and told her all the blessings of the gospel.  She replied by saying "What should I do?"  We suggested that she meet with us.  A few days later, we met with her, invited her to baptism, gave her a Book of Mormon and invited her to read everyday to prepare for baptism.  4 days later, last Monday evening, we called her to see how everything is going, including the reading.  She told us that she already read the Book of Mormon.  If you don't believe what you are reading, read it again.  Now to make things even more unbelievable, two days later we called again and she said she has 6 more pages before she finishes it again.  I know there are people spiritually parched and thirsting for the gospel.
 
Ludwig is a man we met last week as well.  In our lesson, he committed to prepare for baptism too.  He told us that he wants to become a better husband, father, and person in general.  We promised him he can become like that and like our Savior.  He is a great man.  He may invite his family to be taught too!
 
Bědřích is the mentally handicapped man about 45 yeas old.  We have been meeting with him for a couple weeks and he enjoys our visits.  He is full of the light of Christ.  All handicapped people I know, including my brother, have a very spiritual feel about them.  That is the light of Christ that has been given to every person.
 
These people are doing great and desire to come unto Christ.  I love them like family.
 
We had church yesterday and met with the branch president and he is just fired up about missionary work  and wants to help us in any way possible.  He expresses his love and excitement for having us here.  He is the best branch president I know.
 
This last week we had an amazing mission conference.  We went in on Friday to Prague.  Our mission Christmas conference lasted about half the day.  We got to see every missionary in the mission.  He truly have the best.  Our conference started out by having a talent show.  Missionaries shared skits, sang, played musical instruments, etc.  I did magic.  I did a prediction routine.  It was a hit.  :)  After the talent show, we had a nice Christmas dinner!  It was scalloped potatoes, salad, ham, and A&W Root Beer!  It was delicious.  We then proceeded to have a nice Christmas devotional.  Scriptures were read and songs were sang.  The spirit of Christmas was strong.  We then went back to our cities.  It was very nice.
 
My mission is meaning more and more to me every day.  I am grateful for my parents who have raised me to be a good boy, I am thankful for those who helped be grow to who I am today, I am thankful for this decision I have made and that I am in this church and was raised in it so I can come out here and do this!  This work is beautiful and I get to be backstage to God's show, His work and His glory - to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  I am thankful for this Christmas season to remember Christ and His atoning sacrifice and His life he lived and gave for us.
 
Merry Christmas everyone!
Elder Bahr
 
"Replace Fear with Faith!"  :)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment