Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Hey everyone!
Last week I got to meet our new mission president.  He and his family are great.  They very friendly and love the missionaries.  President McConkie is very good at teaching simply.  When he was talking to us during the conference, he bore great testimony and I could feel it when he spoke.  I can tell he will do much good here.  I am excited to see what all will happen.  At the conference the family introduced themselves to us too.  They are a family of 6.  3 boys and a daughter.  They are getting settled in well.  I can't imagine how big of a challenge that would be to move to a different country with an entire family of 4.  I would go crazy.  But the Lord provides a way when he asks us to do things.  He doesn't leave us to fend for ourselves.  I am grateful for that.
This last week was the 4th of July.  Happy birthday America!  We had our conference also on that day and President McConkie got us a nice American lunch to celebrate.  We got a BigMac and fries from McDonald's.
We were able to teach a good amount this week too.  We had a bunch of things planned, but people ended up not able to meet.  We still did better than last week.  This week should be better, we already have a bunch planned with people.  We are excited.  The mission is best when you teach a lot.
Last Sunday was fast Sunday and it was nice.  More people came to church than have been there in a few weeks.  I bore my testimony on Christ and the power of his atonement.  I testify to people everyday, but that time was extra nice because I felt like it was very clear and more from the heart.
I don't have much to say this week.  It is great being a missionary.  It is crazy how fast time goes.  Last week I hit my mark of 5 months left.  I hope that it goes by at a good pace so I feel like I have done all I could.  There is never enough time to do everything.
Pray for the people we are teaching, do a good thing every day this week, and replace fear with faith.
 
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment