Monday, July 22, 2013

Last Week of the Transfer! Time for Miracles?

This week is the last week of the transfer, so I have to get it to be the very best.  We should have a nice week though.  We need to find some more people to teach because the people we have now are not progressing a lot and taking time away from us finding people who will make progress.  This week we have a good amount of finding on plan and hope to find some great people.  Time for miracles?  Yes.
 
This last week I had a couple cool experiences.  We have one investigator that had been having trouble and not wanting to change.  He has not been too truthful with us and denies many things.  We prayed to know what to do and got an answer.  The next day we saw him breaking to word of wisdom and we got our answer to our prayer.  Now we are able to work with him on that.  I don't want to share too many details but our answer was given.  The full story can be given a later time.  It is a testimony to me that God guides us though.  We prayed and God heard us and led us.  Literally led us.  :)
 
Also we saw a less active member who struggles with the word of wisdom as well.  We saw him breaking it as well and continued on.  I didn't feel comfortable so we turned around and talked to him about it.  We told him he can either keep the thing he had and possibly sin or give to us to dispose of.  He decided to give it to us and we got rid of it.  He is very humble and we were grateful that he gave up what he had.  We told him he will be blessed for it and left.  He thanked us.  I realized in that moment the principle of love.  When we go to the aid of someone struggling with our intentions matching God's intentions and if we replace fear of their reaction with faith to help our brothers and sisters, they will feel our love and even God's love.  They will decide to do better.
 
Today we went on a bike ride for P-Day with Brother Šir again.  We went on a beautiful ride.  We stopped in a classic Czech city and had lunch.  Right before we left, we met a few Americans.  They are doing some bike ride from Prague to Vienna.  One lady had asked what we were doing here and we said we were Mormon missionaries.  The lady's husband started talking about how he knows all about us and that he would like to see the gold plates.  He said they don't exist and that we can't convince him.  Now, in this situation I didn't get mad.  At home I would usually not know what to say, but this time I just simply said "Well, I believe it." and smiled.  I enjoyed his strong faith in that that he believes.  However, I hope and pray that someday he will be humble enough to read the Book of Mormon to find out it is true.  He was a nice man nonetheless.  This week I started to study the Book of Mormon, making notes in my scriptures and in a notebook and it has made a big difference in my testimony that the book is true.  I love to study it and grow my testimony because I feel so good when I 'research' and find my own evidence that it is true.  That is why I believe it is true and it cannot be taken from me.
 
Well, this week will be exciting.  On Wednesday we have a training and it seems like it will be like one we have never had before.  It is coincidentally on Pioneer Day.  We don't know what we are doing yet but we are meeting at the train station instead of the building in Prague and have been asked to fast before we get there.  I am super excited for it.  I will tell you all about it next week.
 
Missionary work is great and true.  I am happy to be out here and dread seeing the days count down toward December when I come home.
 
All is well, so let it be.  Zatím, Čau!
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment