Monday, August 12, 2013

Missions are Great Experiences!

One of the many reasons I am grateful for my mission is the scriptures.  Since I have been out I have met other missionaries who have helped me learn how to study better.  I love the scriptures.  Currently I am reading through the Book of Mormon at a slow pace, but I am getting all I can from it.  I have learned through my own experiences how the Book of Mormon is true.  It makes sense logically and I have had many, many moments where I read and I know the Holy Ghost is telling me it is good.  I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the prophets who wrote them long ago.  The stories in the that are there teach us to be faithful and replace fear with faith and how to live our lives to be the most happy.  The main reason of my conversion is thanks to the feelings I have experienced while reading the Book of Mormon.  That is why we MUST read everyday to stay converted.  I invite those who don't read the Book of Mormon every day to do so.  I know your faith will deepen and you will see a change.  I see the world differently.  I see myself differently.  I know these things are true.  The mission is really a great tool and great experience to solidify a testimony.  It is a true blessing to be out here and take part of this work of salvation.
 
Well now for this week, those were just this weeks thoughts.  This week was a good one.  We taught a bunch of people and were able to have members there.  Members really help in teaching.  We have a couple people unfortunately that are so hard hearted against what we testify of, but that is their decision.  I know what is true and I am grateful for it.  This week we had a lot of people at English class.  District meetings are getting better.  When I first started being a district leader I felt so under qualified, but now it is getting better.  I enjoy it.  Last Sunday a family returned from England.  They were there for I think 3 years for work.  They are back now though.  When they walked in for church, a new energy was brought in to this branch that has been struggling lately.  They were warmly welcomed and we are all excited for them to be here.  They will be a big help to all of us.  Another bit of news that is exciting is that a senior couple will be here this week.  That will really help this work move along.  There are things that as missionaries, it is almost impossible to do without a senior couple.  Great things are going to happen here in České Budějovice really soon.  Já se těším!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I am doing well and I am happy to be here.  There is nothing better for me to do now that this right here.
 
Short e-mail, ale to stačí.
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment