Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall is Here Already!

The weather lately has shown signs of fall a lot.  Last week it rained often and now it is cool and windy.  I love it though because it brings back memories of one; when I started my mission and two; when I served in my favorite city last year - Zlín.  It is good to see the different seasons.  Noticing all the changes are a testimony to me that God and Christ exist.  How else could things like this make me feel closer to the Maker of it all.  It is beautiful.  Something my mission has taught me is that God is seen in everything.  I notice Him everyday.  My mission has been a blessing in this, alone in itself.  Many things have been learned though and much more is yet to be learned.
Well since the weather is changing and the days are getting shorter.  Strangely, this is making he days go by faster.  This week did go by fast.  We have one week till transfers.  They are next Monday and I am off to my last companion and possibly last area.
I have had a great week.  Most of the same things happened.  So I won't worry about talking about that.  I will keep this week short.  Things in this area have become difficult though.  We have been having trouble finding new people to teach mainly.  It has seemed that lately no one wants to stop and talk with us.  Perhaps something will come soon.  We can only pray for that.  This week though we had a GREAT time doing some service at a less actives' place.  I spoke about a member we found though getting our books worked on.  We went to her city outside of České Budějovice to help her out.  She is a single mother we found out that also has a farm to look after.  So she has a daughter, work, 2 horses, a couple dogs, etc. to look after.  So.... We GLADLY helped her out.  I got to clean a horse by brushing it and picking the dirt out of it's hooves.  Then we took bad, wet hay to a manure pile.  A big rain storm came right during the hay part and so we took a break for a moment and got back to work when it stopped.  We picked up a bunch of trimmed off tree branches and put it in the barn.  We searched for eggs and we fixed her door so that in winter snow wouldn't blow into her house.  It was a nice thing to do from trying to talk to people all day to helping someone directly.  Now, some people may say that that is not missionary work cleaning horses and all this other stuff but when one can feel the Spirit during the service saying that it is good, then that is enough of an answer to me that the Lord is pleased with what we do.  Serving others is one of my favorite forms of missionary work because it builds a relationship of trust and care that will help them come back to the Church of Christ.  I hope she will become active again soon.
Also this week, church was amazing.  The branch here finally got organized a presidency.  Elder Greener is still the President, but he has 2 councilors now and a plan to get Czech people leading the branch soon.  The other spots needed in a functional branch are also being filled.  It is great to see. During preisthood quorum, the lesson was about home teaching and now the branch is STOKED about it.  The growth is amazing here.
The church is true and the Lord's work moves on!
That's all to report.  :)
 
Replace Fear with Faith!
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment