Monday, May 21, 2012

Daily Miracles and Tender Mercies!

How is every one doing this week.  I hope the sun is shining on you as it is on me.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is a beautiful thing.  As we live by it, we are blessed and life is easier.  I am glad that I am a missionary for Christ's church.
 
This week was great.  It was full of hard work finding which cause me to come home at the end of the day and go right to bed.  Here on a mission, the best work and most satisfying work is HARD WORK!  This is what we did this past week.
 
Our numbers were not very good, but I am a happy missionary for how hard we did work.  We had far below average, but we found some people and were guided by the Spirit strongly and we will be having some very good lessons this next week!!!  Pray for my success!
 
Here are a few stories and some other cool things that happened this week.
 
First of all, I am happy to serve in Brno.  It is a BIG city and these people are very cool.  We met a black man from Minnesota here on business and had a GREAT conversation about why we are here.  The missionaries in Minnesota will have a really cool investigator and soon to be member very soon!  I got this mans contact information and sent it to the missionaries where he lives.
 
We were able to testify to many people in a big park here and we over stepped out comfort zone and planted some good seeds in peoples' hearts.  We are truly taking every opportunity we have to help people come unto Christ.
 
While walking around a main naměsti (square) we set up some lessons with some prepared people.  We found some Vietnamese people who spoke VERY LITTLE Czech.  However, one man did speak German.  He live in Germany for a while.  I was able to explain to him who we are and get his phone number to call him to teach him and give him a Vietnamese Book of Mormon.  It will still be a BIG struggle to teach with the language barrier.
 
While on a bus, I saw some deaf people.  I went up to them to speak to them in sign language and our sign languages were similar enough that we could communicate.  I told him what I was doing here, how long, and stuff like that.  He told me about how he went to America a couple years ago.
 
These two language experiences are tender mercies to me because I have been praying to not loose these skills I have worked so hard on.
 
Now to a couple interesting things.  :)  While contacting a lady, she asked where I was from and she guessed Holland and Belguim first, then guessed England.  I am starting to sound at least like a European country's accent.  I am getting closer to Czech!!!  :)  Soon, people will think I am Czech.  THe other interesting thing is that trams here are baptised and then named after people here.  Interesting.....
 
Anyway.  I pray for everyone to have a fun safe week.  Don't forget to replace fear with faith and grow closer to Christ!  He will never guide you in a wrong direction!
 
S Laskou, Starší Bahr.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment