Monday, June 18, 2012

Brno, Brno, Brno

I couldn't think of any kind of name that was relevant to what I am going to email about today, so I just named it Brno, Brno, Brno.
 
This last week we had a zone conference and it was a good one.  As everyone does, I had a few concerns and being a missionary, I had a couple other as well.  The conference answered all of the questions and concerns I had.  It was with multiple zones and should have just been called a mission conference because there where more than half of the mission's missionaries there.  I also got an interview with President Irwin (mission president), which I always look forward to.  I have a testimony that we are in our missions for a reason.  One big reason is because of who the mission president is! President and his wife have taught me so many good things that will stick with me my whole life.
 
So this last week I also found out that there is a missionary here that grew up in my same stake with me in Salem, OR!  He is Elder Bateman!  He is in his 4th transfer and gets to serve as branch president in his branch as well as a full time missionary!  That is crazy.  When we found out, we talked about Salem things and things we both remember.  It was just a good time!  The world is small!
 
We have a great investigator named George.  He is 25 years old.  He is such a nice guy.  He had some damaging experiences in the past with other churches, but he is such a down to earth, truth searching, young man.  Our last lesson made me happy.  He makes very slow progress, but for him that is ok.  His progress that he made, to me, was GREAT prgress.  He is our only investigator, as this area is very slow going at this point in time.  All my efforts, though show no appearant success, just give me hope that in the future, some missionary will be down on himself due to who knows what and an amazing person will call them up or arrive at church and bring him joy.
 
I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ.  I am this for two years.  I get to preach the gospel and bring others unto Christ with power and authority from God.  I know that this church is Christ's church.  This gospel is true and Christ lives.  He suffered for us, so that WE can return to our Father in Heaven.
 
Take your faith a step further and follow the spirit.  Share your testimony with someone.  Replace fear with faith and, Do it!
 
I love you all.  Mějte se!
 
S Laskou, Starší Bahr.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment