Monday, June 11, 2012

Nice Hard Working Week!

This week we worked hard to try to get some investigators at church.  In almost every contact on the street and at apartments we invited the person to church.  Overall, this week... probably 120 people were invited to church.  We came to church anxiously waiting for a few people to show up, and no one showed up.  In the future though, some other missionaries are going to get a few random people showing up.  I am still happy for our work.  It was hard work.
 
So I was on an exchange this last week with our district leader's companion.  I went with Elder Hanson from Texas.  It was a great exchange.  Like always, I find some German people to talk with (Elder Hanson live in Germany when he was younger, so he understood everything said.) but in particular, I want to focus on one part of the exchange which was a miracle.  We started Tuesday evening and decided to use  the time from 8:30pm till 9pm to tract.  No missionary ever tracts at this hour, but we did.  So we went tracting and talked to some nice people but with no interest, until this lady, maybe 30 years old, opened the door.  As we told her who we were she listened with an expression on her face that I can only describe as sincere!  She wasn't that much of a believer, but we asked her if we could come back and she said yes.  So the next day (after the exchange ended)  Elder Hanson and his companion went to teach her.  They got there and she brought her friend with her to the lesson!  They both have families too!  They were being taught, but as they were, they also were teaching themselves!  She asked if we believed in the cross or had crosses and her friend said "No, their church believes in the living Christ!!"  Then at the end of the lesson, she asked how we pray.  Elder Stimpson and Hanson told them how and then prayed.  After that, they both said a prayer and during the prayers they got goose bumps!!!!!!  They are the most prepare people I have ever heard of.  It strengthens my testimony that teaching by the Spirit and with authority will prove to people that we are servants of the Lord and that this is the church of Jesus Christ, not by name only, but by true form.
 
I wish I could write more, but my hour of email time is ending.  I may write more stories next week.  I know that this church is true.  I am a happy missionary and glad to be here.  Everyday I see miracles.  I wish everyone in this world would consider our message.  Many people have had bad experiences and don't trust religion, and if they would only listen to our message they would know that they need not search anymore.
 
Until next week, replace fear with faith.
 
Starší Bahr.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment