Monday, June 4, 2012

Fun Week, Full of Joy!

It is now raining, but it was a good week this last week.  It was sunny and we met some cool people and I am happy about everything. 
 
Since I have started my mission, I have been worried about loosing my German that I studied in High School for three years.  Good news for me.  I have met multiple german tourists here!  Just last week I talked to a German couple from Liepzig.  It was good practice but I realized how much I for got.  I got their contact information to give to missionaries in Germany.
 
Something freaky: A few days ago I was separated from my companion for a few minutes.  I was copying what sister missionaries do here where if they are on a tram adn get rejected, they immediately find someone else.  SIsters know how to use time well.  So I was doing that and I lost track of what stop I needed to get off at and my companion got off and I didn't.  SO I got to the next stop and got on one back and he was just waiting there for me.  It was genuinly scary.  haha  Great experience though.  :)
 
We did a service project this week.  We cleaned trash from a park.  There sure were a lot of cigarette butts on the ground.  It was my second "Mormon Helping Hands" project I have done here.  It was fun.
 
So, this week I have been working on my accent so I don't sound American.  I have gotten American, English a lot.  I got a guess that I was from Belgium, Germany, and obviously from my hair Ireland, but recently, I got very close to  Czech accent.  I got Slokak and Russian!!!!!  People guessed I was from Russia and Slovakia!!!  It is fun for me to ask where people think I am from.  All I need to do now is hone my accent and learn vocab and people will think I am Czech!
 
This week has not been TOO successful.  This area is going through a dead spot where people keep stopping having meetings with us, some people just don't show up... I just pray that it will pick up soon.  It is just important to replace fear with faith and work hard.  I know that this church is true.  I am happy to be a missionary.  This last week I saw some small miracles that just grow my testimony.  Each golden person I find builds my testimony and even each rejection.  It just helps me know how blessed I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, His church.  I am sad that people reject us so willingly when they know not what we have.  I know that people will have another chance in the future to hear our message and pray for them that the way to be shown to them.
 
Take care this week.  Weekly challenge:  INVITE SOMEONE TO CHURCH!!!!!  (That is what our branch is doing here during the month of June.)  You will receive blessings from doing so and you don't know what the blessings are untill you receive them.  Just trust me, they are good.
 
S Laskou, Starší Bahr.
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment