Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baptism This Week!!!!!

First and most exciting piece of news was that an investigator I taught last transfer just got baptised!  Ivo got baptised last Saturday.  We travelled down to Brno for the baptism.  The baptism was great.  We had a member there sing a song.  It was a solo.  Then there were a couple talks about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost.  They were good talks and Ivo seemed to love them.  Then we had the baptism.  I had the honor of baptising him.  It was an experience to remember.  Afterward, the branch president spoke and then Ivo got up and told his conversion story.  He has such a strong testimony now and I know he will be a great addition to the Brno branch.  I am proud of him.
 
Next, I was in Prague yesterday to finish up some visa things.  We were there all day.  I was one of the first of the missionaries there to get done with it.  Me and a couple sisters and another Elder were waiting outside for the others to finish, when an older man came up and tried to sell us some phone plan and we declinded because we already had a phone plan, but anyway, Sister Jorgenson, being who she was started to talk to the man about our church.  She talks with EVERYONE, in EVERY situation.  Great example.... but we all said a little bit about our message, us 4 missionaries, and got his address (he lives in a missionary-less city) to give him a Book of Mormon.  He left and thanked us, then about 15 minutes later came back and gave us all a peach.  We went to the store and bought some, then geve them to us as gifts.  He was a nice man and I can't wait to hear about his experiences he will have with the Book of Mormon.
 
Also this week, I have been reading some things in the book Jesus the Christ, which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND to anyone who hasn't read it, but I have ben reading from it and other books and I KNOW without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true and that God and Christ live.  I wish I could yell this at the top of my lungs through the computer, but just these simple words will have to do.  I know this church is true and everything about it.  Christ is our Savior and God is our Father in Heaven. Reader, If you don't know it for yourself - Read the Book of Mormon and PRAY about it!  Do not hesitate!  Time is getting short.  If you don't know if you want to or not, just replace fear with faith, and try it.  You will feel peace and more joy in lfe.  I promise.
 
I have no more time to write today, but know this:  I love the gospel and this missionary work.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ and know he lives.  I am thankful for this 2 year opportunity I have to share this wonderful blessing.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I have been blessed beyond measure.
 
Have a great week everyone.
Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment