Monday, September 17, 2012

Early Exchanges!

Transfers were a surprise!  We got calls on Saturday night rather than the normal Monday. No new missionaries are coming in, that's why.  So.  I am in a new city!  I really enjoyed Brno, andI am thankful for the blessings I had to meet people and help people there.  Now I am serving in a small city a couple hours away called Zlín.  Pronouce: "Zleeen"  I am serving with Elder Odell.  He is from Georgia.  He has been out here a little more than a year.  He is two MTC groups earlier than me.  75,000 people live in the small city of Zlín.  I am used to the 2nd and 3rd largest cities with 300,000 people, so this will be a little different.  In the branch here, there are about 20 people.  It is small.  :)  Time to put my extra game face on.  Let's build up the branch!
 
This past week has been a good week.  He missed some lessons with Ivo, because he was out of town, so we had some good time to find more to teach.  Ivo still has his baptism this Saturday and he asked me to baptize him.  I will be coming back to Brno to Saturday, then next Monday I also am going to Prague for more visa work!  I just got to my new area.  :)  Wow.  I like to travel though, so all is well.  Also this week, we met with Aladar and he brought his cousin to the lesson.  His name is František.  At church this week, they also came and introduced themselves and told people "I have found a place for me."  I know this church is true.
 
We also had a member from Brno leave on his mission.   His name is Zdeněk.  His brother served in Scotland and he is serving in Leeds, England.  This church is growing here.
 
Something cool I learned last week was about our Heavenly Father.  He doesn't control our future and know it because he set our fate for us.  He just knows us so well.  For the eternities in our pre-earth life, he gave very close observation to us, by spending time with us, and therefore knows us so well, he know what the outcome of our actions are.
 
I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and my Father and Mother back home in America.  I love my family and am excited to spend eternity with them. I know this church is true and we can come closer to our Father in Heaven through scripture study and sincere prayer.
 
I realized last week, I forgot a phrase that I say in all my emails, but you probably can think of it now already.  Anyway, here it is for last week and this:  "Replace Fear with Faith."  Take care this week.  To my family, friends, home ward, and any other reader out there.  I love you all and pray for the Lord's blessings on you.
 
Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment