Monday, November 26, 2012

Slooow Week, But Enjoyable.

This week was super slow.  However, I learned a lot and enjoyed it.  My companion has settled in and coming to know Zlín more and more everyday.  My companion now, Elder Stradling is a VERY HARD worker.  He takes literally EVERY opportunity.  Here is a nice little story about him.  So in all my companionships, I try to serve my companion as much as I can.  One other thing I do is tell him that he is the best and if he says no, I argue the point why.  We had a lesson the other day with an investigator and the branch president, President Večeřa.  After the lesson as we left I told President Večeřa that he is lucky because he has the best missionary in the mission here (speaking of Elder Stradling) and President said "I could tell that when I was speaking on the phone with him yesterday."  Truly Elder Stradling speaks from his heart.  Every word.  Even funnier part of the story, in church yesterday, President announced the new missionary in Zlín and went on to say "I recently heard somewhere that we have the best missionary in the mission among us.  He really knows how to love people, from my own experience teaching with him.  And I am sure you will all feel his love."  Now the branch knows he is the best.  ;)  I am thankful for being able to serve with him.
 
Well, also this week we had a lesson with a new investigator who has some mental disabilities.  His name is Bědřich.  I am thankful for my own brother Adam who has disabilities and that I can understand these blessed people.  This investigator is a happy loving person.  He will be able to understand the gospel with time, so we will continue working with him.
 
We had Thanksgiving here.  We went to the home of Elder and Sister Scott, the senior couple.  They cooked a great meal and we enjoyed our time. Afterward, we had district meeting.
 
Last story for this week.  I heard that Ivo, the newest member in Brno (I taught and baptised him)  went to the temple and just this last Sunday he passed the sacrament!!!!  I am proud of him.  I feel like his Father, he is like my child.  He is growing up so fast!
 
I am thankful for the things I have experienced on my mission that make me happy, make other people happier, help me turn into a true desciple of Christ, and brings me closer to Christ and my Father in Heaven.  It is strange to think it is already half over, but exciting to know I still have half of this mission in front of me.  For everyone reading this - If you can, prepare to and serve a mission.  For those who can not, share the gospel with those you can.  Who can say no to some of the greatest blessings on earth?
 
Replacing fear with faith and have a good week.
 
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment