Monday, March 18, 2013

Last Week of the Transfer, Possibly Last Week in Zlín.

It has been nice seeing what Elder Jones and I have been doing.  We have been doing well.  This transfer, we have been working up to more and more meetings with people.  I have on average about 16 lessons a week.  That is a good number of lessons in this mission though, so don't judge.  :)  The rest of the time we go finding on the streets, in the city center, at the college dorms, etc.  Last Monday, we found this cool kid named Ondra.  We knocked on his door, he answered and said he wasn't interested.  We asked him to ask his room mates... they were not interested either.  Right before he shut the door I said "Wait, would they be interested in magic?  I am a magician."  I could have come up with a smoother way to say it, but anyway it worked.  I showed them all a trick and they invited us in!!!  We are now meeting with Ondra, he is interested in what we teach.  Then the next day, we went back to try and find more young people.  We found another kid named Martin.  He is way cool.  He is interested in what happeneds after death, so we are going to meet with him and teach him the plan of salvation.  We have a lesson tonight!!
Last Wednesday we had a missionary training in Olomouc, which was way good.  We learned how to use our time better and how to help our investigators.  Then we came back to Zlín and had a lesson with a young kid from India.  All Indian people I have met are so nice, generous, and sincere.  He wants to learn more about Christ.  He found the right people to talk to.  :)
On Saturday, we met a girl from America, from New Jersey, here teaching English.  She is a nice girl and has not had the opportunity to speak with Mormon missionaries and be hear about what this church is about.  She gladly took a Book of Mormon and said she would read it.  We will probably meet with her again this week.
Lastly on Sunday, we had a branch conference.  President Irwin came and spoke.  It was a very enlightening meeting for all the members and us two Zlín missionaries.  In Priesthood meeting I got to practice my translating and translate for President Irwin.  I enjoy translating.  It is nice, all the things a missionary can do.
This mission really is the best mission in the world.  I have been blessed to have been called here.  I am thankful for this gospel and that I can be a part in sharing it with those who have never heard it.  I know this gospel is true.  I am thankful for this restored Church of Christ.

Replace Fear with Faith,
Elder Bahr

P.S.  Next week I may be in a new city!  Transfers on Monday.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment