Monday, March 4, 2013

Being Led.

This week, I think I will keep my email short and simple.  I have one real story to tell.  But first a recap of this last week.
Monday night the branch president had a training about a church program new for the Czech Republic so we were there to help translate for him.  The one giving the training was a French man, he spoke English.  There were a lot of difficult things to translate, so we did out best and President Večeřa was thankful.
Tuesday we had our district meeting and and exchange with the zone leaders.  For one day I worked with an Elder named Elder Plaizier.  Something I learned from him was how to teach simple in a very Christ-like way - with many questions.  Christ asked many questions as a form of teaching and it works very well and helps the one asking the question realize things and get a spiritual witness of a truth being taught.  I will try to incorporate it into my teaching more now.  We had a few lessons that day that were very nice as well.  One investigator met with us after being in the hospital for some time due to an accident involving a tower crane falling over.  We are both thankful that he survived it.  The Lord blessed him.
Thursday we wanted to go find some young people at some college dorms.  A lady at the front desk said we can't if we are not visiting anyone in specific.  Insead we talked to her.  Her name is Seli.  She is from Croatia.  She isn't much of a believer in God, but when we introduced the Book of Mormon, she told us that if people were to live by the teachings in this book - the world would be better.  We invited her to meet with us and now she is.  We got the Book of Mormon to her the next day and she was ecstatic about having that book.  The book is true.
Friday we had a branch activity.  A family in the branch gave a presentation about when they visited Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas (Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Etc.)
 
Anyway, not much else other than missionary work for the other days, but for my story which relates to the heading of this letter.  It is not a miraculous story, but simple.  Let's remember though that the Lord works by small and simple things.  That is why it is important to be thankful for the simple blessings we do have and not take them for granted.  Last week we had some time planned to find some new people to teach.  We were walking around the city center.  A little bit into our "finding", we were on the south end of the city center walking toward the building.  All of a sudden I felt uneasy.  The thought came into my head that we were not in the right place.  I told my companion I felt this way and we decided we need to go south down a street from the city center.  About a third of the way down the street we stopped a guy and began talking to him.  His name is Karel.  We introduced ourselves and invited him to come to our building.  He agreed and we walked to the building.  We got there and taught him a lesson.  He said he would start coming to church.  Now, this story may seen small but it is a testimony to me that the Lord can guide us in our lives.  I didn't see an angel, but I felt the Holy Ghost telling me what I should do.
The Lord loves us and will help us daily if we allow and listen to the promptings.  These promptings are gentle and quiet.  This is why we are to live our lives in a way that our minds are clear, our hearts open, and our hands clean before the Lord.  I know God loves us and is pleased when we do what He askes and is sad when we do things against him.  It is my prayer that we can all receive the daily guidance of the Spirit on our journey back to our Father in Heaven.
 
Replace Fear with Faith,
Elder Bahr
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment