Monday, February 25, 2013

"Called To Serve"

The call to serve as a missionary comes in one way, by a prophet.  The ways to serve are many ways.  One of these ways I actually talked about a little bit last week.  This way is in our example.  This last week we had a zone conference.  There was a special guest there, Elder Lopez from the Area 70.  If you don't know who he is, he is over part of Europe in making sure the church is taken care of.  He is from Spain.  In our conference, he spoke about his conversion.  The spirit was very strong.  He talked about how his grandpa was atheist, is father is atheist, and that most of his family is as well.  He related the experience when he was younger and religion interested him. His family would question "Why do you believe in God? God doesn't exist.  We live and die and that is all."  He knew that something existed.  That is why he continued searching.  Missionaries found him and started to teach him.  He completed his story and told us how we need to live our lives worthy of being remembered with joy.  He told us how much of an influence we have on people.  He finished with pictures of missionaries in his life that have influenced him.  He would comment on some saying "This Sister greeted me the first time I went to church.", "This Elder sat next to me at church with a hymn book while we sang in a church meeting.", etc.  It was moving and inspiring.
Everyone can make an influence in someone's life in someway.  It can be as small as saying "Hi" to someone new at church.  You can be the key in someone's personal conversion to the gospel.  I pray that we will all step up and do what we can to help those around us whether it be holding a door for someone or inviting someone to church for the first time.  I know that God will bless you for your efforts, for no effort is wasted.  Replace fear with faith.  ;)
Yesterday we had 3 investigators at church.  It was nice to see.  One investigator said "I feel like I want to be baptized in my heart, but don't feel it in my mind."  The Holy Ghost is true and speaks to all of us of truth.  I have faith that Zlín will soon have another amazing member of the church.  The rest of the branch is just doing great.  I love the people here. 
As for all else this week, we had a good amount of lessons and I went to Prague with my missionary companion. He had a meeting in Prague.  So far, I have been to Prague at least once every transfer.  It is a beautiful city.  Being around the other missionaries there is great.  This work is true.  It is hard work, but satisfying.  I am blessed to be called to serve.
 
Enjoy yourselves,
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment