Monday, February 11, 2013

Cold Season, Great News!!!

Hello again.  Yes it is cold season, but that is not the great news.  That comes later.  This week was not too active.  My companion was sick this last week and I was a little sick at the beginning of the week.  I am better.  It wasn't much.  My companion is almost completely better now.  I don't know anyone that likes cold season.  We should be able to do more this week.  As for things we did do...  We taught a few lessons and taught the usual English class.  We had some great lessons for being sick. :)  Church was nice.  Two of our investigators came.  One is a new investigator.  We met him on the naměstí (town square).  He is a young man in his 20s and enjoys reading the Book of Mormon.  He is already pretty far in the Book of Mormon.  He says he keeps reading it because he "feels something."  He said that he these feelings are impossible to explain.  I know that the Holy Ghost is working with him and testifying.  It is great the see the spirit work.
Speaking of Book of Mormon.  Now here is the great news.  It is a historic day for Slovakia (the other country in this mission).  Last week the mission president President Irwin, called us to a mission conference.  In the conference he said that Slovakia is finally getting the Book of Mormon in their language.  They have been using Czech Book of Mormons for years and finally get it in the Slovak language.  President Irwin told us of what great deals and problems this has faced getting the book in this language.  It has had to make it through customs multiple times, problems in printing, and multiple other things.  It is a miracle we have it right now.  I can't remember all President Irwin said but it is a testimony to us all in this mission of how much the Adversary is fighting against the Lord's work.  It was a happy day last Friday.  There was also another reason why we had this conference.  President Irwin told us who the next mission president will be after him.  Just like missionaries' missions come to an end, mission presidents' do too.  I won't say who it is, I will wait for the church to put it out, but he will be a great mission president.  It will be sad to see President Irwin go though.  Good thing he still has till June.
My mission sure is a blessing.  I am thankful for the people I have met and will meet in the future.  I am thankful for the spiritual growth I have received.  I have an even stronger testimony of this church.  I know that it is true.  I don't know Joseph Smith personally, but I know he was called of God.  I don't know the prophets and apostles who live today, and I don't have to to know that they are men of God and speak in behalf of Him.  I know Christ lives and guides this church today like he did in ancient times.
 
Take care and Replace Fear with Faith,
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment