Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Week!

I am happy with this week because I have heard so many great things happening.  I know the gospel is true.  Not much happed here.  My companion still has a cough and our mission president says to stay inside unless we have a lesson.  We taught a few people multiple times.  We try to teach whenever we can.  Our investigator Radek is doing great.  He is new as of last week.  He is reading the Book of Mormon a lot and says that he keeps reading because of how he feels.  Our other investigators are difficult to meet with.  Some progressing and growing in the gospel, some not really.  I pray that they will do better.  The gospel is true and will bless us as we do our part and LIVE the gospel.
I have heard much exciting news from home and it makes me happy.  One thing, my friend Rebekah back home recently got baptised.  Congratulations Rebekah!  Many other things happened back home that I have been told, but I won't bore everyone.
The members in this part of the world here in Zlín are great.  One member here we visit often, and since I have been here she has made so much spiritual growth.  She is happier, she comes to church and it is great to see her there.
I don't know what all to say this week.  I am happy to be here and know without a doubt that serving a mission is a correct decision.  It is amazing to see the growth in people when they learn the gospel.  I have taught many people and in each person I have taught, I have seen a new light glow in them, not a literal light but the gospel changes people to the better and it is visible.  Pretty much there is no way that this message cannot be true.  It is.  I can't remember if I have already said this, but even though we as missionaries are 'backstage' to God's show, there are many things we don't even see.  Many times as a missionary, well even a normal member of the church (not a missionary), we may do something and we don't see the outcome - but it has an impact on someone to bring them closer to their Father in Heaven.  Find a chance this week to help someone come closer to God.  It can even be through the smallest things.  Help someone with groceries, share your time, share your talents, be friendly and talk to someone, give someone a ride somewhere, etc.  I know that you will be blessed for your efforts.  Replace fear with faith.
 
Have a fantastic week,
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment