Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference Weekend!

This week was general conference weekend!  Unfortunately, we need to wait till it gets translated and sent to us, so we watch it this next Sunday.  I can't wait.  Even last weekend around 8 in the evening I thought about how at that very moment were the prophets and apostles of God speaking to the world!  I could feel the spirit 4000 miles away.  The church is true.
 
I am grateful to be in this city I am in right now.  I don't know what I have been called here to České Budějovice to do.  I have realized in other cities why I was there, now I need to work hard to fulfill my purpose here.
 
So, really cool story.  When I served in Brno Elder Štrobl and I went to a small village just outside of Brno called Líšeň.  We contacted a man named Jaromir.  He had to go so we gave him our card and left.  Shortly after we had transfers.  I then was to serve in Zlín.  I got a call from Elder Štrobl part way into that transfer and was told that the man we had talked to in Líšeň had come to church and started being taught be missionaries.  I didn't hear much more after that.  Just this last week, now I am in České Budějovice, I heard by another missionary that had served there that the man had been baptized!  When I found this out, I felt so happy.  I can't explain exactly the feelings I have but I can explain how I know that every action we do, has some impact and later can lead to many great things.  As a missionary, it is important to know that no effort is wasted.  I am grateful to be on my mission and to be able to search for those who are searching for the gospel but don't know where to find it.  I am on the path to God, I have been led onto it by wonderful parents, I now know this path, and the best thing I can do is to help those around me to find this path as well.  Those who are on this path too, help those around you.  Replace fear with faith and be open and friendly with all people.  Those who are not and searching for it, you can find it here.  The Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church.  It has been restored and leads to God.  I know this and testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
Take Care All,
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment