Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Easter!

I would have written yesterday, but it was Easter and everything was closed.  I am grateful to write today though.  This last week was a little tough to get settled into a new area.  I still am trying to get myself used to this new city.  It is a beautiful city and has many old buildings.  Most are very similar in style so I can't tell where I am most of the time.  The branch here is a nice little branch too.  The members are very nice.
On Tuesday we got me a bus pass.  It was funny because I couldn't speak real well for some reason and I couldn't understand the man at the counter so all of a sudden he just started speaking in German.  After a second I realized that he switched and I finished getting the pass speaking German.  Even that was a little rusty.  Then we went to our english class, somewhere where I could speak the language like a native...  :)  The other set of missionaries was gone because a new missionary was being picked up, so Elder Hansen and I took care of all the students.  I talked with the advanced students, while Elder Hansen talked with the beginners.  My class was more of a "get to know."  I think they really enjoyed it.  I did magic for them and they were entertained by it.  :)
Thursday we had a lot of finding on the streets and my first district meeting!  I did my best.  That is all I will say.  I have another district meeting tomorrow.  They are every week.  I will get good at them quick.  Friday we did more finding.  We also had a lesson with a new investigator named Mohamed.  Then we had Family Home Evening with some of the branch members.  We played games and the sister missionaries had the lesson.  We have it next week.  Saturday we had our companionship weekly planning and cleaned the building with some members after having an activity with members and investigators.  The rest of the day we were on the streets finding people.  We have very few people to teach right now, but that will get better.
Sunday we had church.  It was Easter and so we had some nice talks about Christ.  After church some members stuck around to practice church hymns.  A member leads that.  I helped them by playing the piano.  We visited a member, Sister Cihlařová an older member here that likes to help us find people to teach.  We talked to a few people on the way home and had our studies and I did "call-ins."  I called the other missionaries in my district and counseled with them on how they can improve and to talk about what went well and everything like that.  That is another job of a district leader.  We have a lot of work.  :)
Yesterday was preparation day.  We visited a tower called the Black Tower here in České Budějovice (Budweis in english).  Then in the evening went out to find people to teach.
I am excited about my new area, it will take some work though.  We need to find people to teach.  Pray for us to find some cool new people.  In the mean-time we will do our best. 
Replace Fear with Faith,
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment