Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring is a Nice Time!

Spring is one of the best times of year.  It is not too hot and not too cold.  Here in the Czech Republic it is nice.  After last weeks email, my companion and I got to go on a hike on a near by mountain.  The mountain's name is Kleť.  It is the highest in the surrounding area of České Budějovice.  From the top you can see the Austrian Alps on a clear day.  So my companion and I ran to the top, when we got to the top, a fee was required to get above the tree line on a small tower.  We left our money in a backpack off the path at the bottom behind a tree, so we couldn't see the Alps today.  Maybe another time this transfer we will do it.  This last Monday, we also did a nice spring activity.  We got to ride bikes to Hluboka nad Vltavou.  It is a castle north of České Budějovice.  We went with this great member brother Šir, who was baptised earlier this year.  He lent us bikes.  It was beautiful.  Spring is so nice.
 
Not only for the wonderful places to see on preparation day, is spring so nice, but because more people are outside!  These last couple weeks have been tough to find new people to teach, but since the weather has improved, we have found some cool people.  One example is when we were on our way to the train station, we say a lady pushing a stroller and so we stopped her and spoke for a few minutes, we scheduled a meeting.  It is today later on.  She was a nice woman and it will be exciting to teach more people!
 
This last week we also had a couple other things go on.  I went on another exchange with the zone leaders.  I went to Plzeň this time.  I was there a few days.  It is a nice city.  I re-recognised what I can do to start teaching more.  That is another thing that will help now in finding new people to teach.
 
Last Wednesday we had a zone conference in which President Irwin showed us a video documentary called "SS 39".  It is about the only successful WWII assassination of a man named Heinrich, who tried to take over the Czech Republic.  President Irwin had showed it to relate the courage and diligence of the brave people who took part in the assassination to our work.  One line that one of the soldiers had said was "I have been called on a special mission and I will carry it out, come what may!"  If you get a chance to see the film, you will see that what they did was a true example of Replacing Fear with Faith.
 
I have also been called on a special mission to serve here in the Czech Republic and to fight off the evils of this world by spreading the gospel.  Come what may.  I must fulfill my purpose.  I know what I have found is true.  This gospel is it.  It is the only thing that can fight off any evil in this world.  I am blessed and honored to be able to take part in this.
 
Have a great week everyone.  Do something this week to help fight off the evil in this world.
Elder Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment