Saturday, October 19, 2013

Miracle Week!


This week we had a many great and many interesting things happen.  For sake of time I will tell you only a couple.
The first one; We met with the man that visited our building last Sunday that the strange reason (see last week if you don't remember).  The meeting sadly went no where.  He doesn't want to accept anything from what we teach.  He was very nice and hospitable though since he invited us over and made us lunch.
The other thing thing was a miracle.  It was an experience that I think is one of the top mission experiences and trumps the story told above.  It still hasn't finished, it is an ongoing experience, but I think it will end up amazing.  Last Tuesday we had an exchange.  On the exchange Elder Simcock my district leader and I contacted a kid named Tomaš.  We got his number, we gave him a call so our number would be in his phone.  He said "Ok, good." as we called, but I didn't see on his phone anything show up.  We thought it might be a false number given to us, but we continued on in high hopes.  The next day Elder Talbot and I were doing some calls.  We called Tomaš's number and the person picked up.  I asked if Tomaš was there and she said "No, wrong number."  I said thank you and hung up.  Now, usually I answer with "Ok, well we are missionaries..." and try to get a meeting.  This time I didn't and as I sat there, I felt like I should call back.  After being nervous and convincing myself to call again, replacing fear with faith, I did it.  She answered and I said "Hi, I just called and I know Tomaš isn't there, but we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ.  We talk with people about Christ.  Would you be interested in that."  Surprisingly she said yes.  I told her about the Book of Mormon a little bit and invited her to meet with us. She replied asking where we were in the Czech Republic.  I said Prague and she said she lives in Most (120km to the north).  I thought "Dang... What to do now?"  She said that she would be in Prague on the 27th and then I told her that that day we have church.  She said she would come!  This story is a miracle because people usually get upset when we call a wrong number and try to share the gospel.  However, because of following the Spirit in calling again and doing what I am supposed to, we found someone ready.  We are super excited to meet her.  I will tell you all about her when the day comes.  Moral of the story though is to keep trying in any situation with what you are doing even if it doesn't go right the first time.  :)

My mission is do good.  It is GREAT.  I am happy to be here.  The church is true and I am happy it is here in our day.  Have a fantastic week.

Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment