Saturday, October 5, 2013

First Week In Prague!


Well Prague is just great!  Interesting things is that my P-Day here is now on Saturday (Prague missionaries).  I have been here a week and I enjoy it a lot.  My companion as I said last week is Elder Talbot from Alpine, Utah.  I got here Monday afternoon and put my things at the building.  That evening we had Family Home Evening with all the young single adults and our investigators.  It was a fun activity.  During it was sang to for my birthday!  It is strange to be 21.  The next day we went out on the streets to contact people.  We had an amazing day of contacting!  We met so many cool people and had nice meaningful conversations with some of them.  We set up meetings with a few of them.  Thursday we had English class which was very fun.  Wednesday we met with a family that we met the day before.  We had dinner at their house.  They are not real big in being believers but enjoy having us over and having us teach them.  We will keep working with them.  Wednesday we had district meeting.  It was nice not having to plan it like I had to in České Budějovice.  I enjoyed being able to sit and listen.  Thursday we did more street contacting.  It is so great to contact here!!  People are SO open.  We went to a college area in Prague and set up some lessons.  We also had a nice conversation I will never forget with a man from England.  We were just talking and sharing our beliefs with each other.  He was atheist, but we both enjoyed so much each others company.  I pray for his happiness because he was a nice man.  It was just a beautiful conversation we had.  Friday we had a singing display which I haven't had in a while!  It was so fun to sing for people and share our testimony in this way.  We got many meetings set up and many peoples' contact information as a district.  Later we were at the building and a man came up and told us he has been gone for a couple years but loves meeting with us and would like to meet again.  He is very smart and lives a humble life.  We will be meeting with him again soon.  We also had a game night as a branch.  One of our new investigators came.  She enjoyed it a lot.  We met with her before and taught a very spiritual lesson.  And today we have P-Day.  It will be interesting getting used to, but I will handle it.
This week has been amazing and I can't explain it all in the time I have right now but I am just blessed to be here my last transfer.  This city is white and ready to harvest.  I must go now.

Replace fear with faith,
Elder Bahr

No comments:

Post a Comment