Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It is Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Hello Everyone!
 
I write this letter with love and hope that all is well in your lives.  This past week was fantastic.  Like I said in the last letter, I knew I would forget something right when I logged off.  Those were that I have been going up to new people on my floor and been speaking German.  It is funny.  A few people think I am from Germany.  A couple times though, I accidentally spoke English right next to them in the lunch line.  So, some people know the truth.  It was fun while it lasted though.  The other thing was... Last week I was reading in the scriptures and I got finished and set them on my desk and rested my chin on them.  A scripture cam to mind.  It was the one that says "Feast upon the words of Christ..."  I thought this not because I was hungry, but because my scriptures smelled like carrots.  My new quote is "Feast upon the words of Christ, for they taste like carrots."
 
Well now.  Now comes the news of this week.  It was really good.  It wasn't stale like last week.  Many exciting things happened.
 
I saw a good friend.  Elder Lemperle, now Brother Lemperle teaches here and I got to see him.  He was a missionary in my ward earlier this year.  The first time I showed up to visit, he wasn't there, but I gave him a lot of information about when he was serving.  They later talked to him and said things like; How is the Meadows?  What about Bishop Bacon, how is he?  Do you remember that time when...?  Their class had fun messing around with him.  Brother Lemperle soon understood how they knew.  :)
 
Another thing that happened was I wrote a letter to my sister and she hadn't replied for about a week and a half, so I wrote a letter to guilt her in sending me a letter.  I sent it out Saturday morning and by mid day, I got a letter from her.  It was kind of ironic that I get a letter that day from her.  I had to quickly write another letter to explain the funny situation.
 
I was going to write out my sacrament talk I prepared for last Sunday and told a few people to look out for it, but I forgot to bring my talk with me to type up, so I might put it up sometime today.  It was really good though.  It was about Enduring to the End.  Here at the MTC, I feel I can write better talks and teach a lot better.  I know it is the spirit helping me.  Being a missionary, you are blessed with gifts like this.  :)  I am not saying non-missionaries can't right good talks, but you improve greatly in gospel related things; like writing talks.
 
Hey, it is snowing now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A whole bunch!!!  I just looked out the window.
 
Basketball is so much fun here!  I love it.  Before my mission, I didn't really like it.  I do now.  However, basketball is not fun when bad things happen to you.  Last Thursday, my companion from England was playing Basketball and got an elbow to the face.  He had to get 6 stitches and a root canal because his front right tooth broke in have horizontally up inside the gums.  Is was bad.  He now has a carbon rod in his tooth to hold it in.  He can't eat apples or corn on the cob like most people would and when he is older, possibly in the next few years, he will have to get a whole fake tooth.  We went to the ER to get him stitched up.  The doctor was hilarious and really sarcastic.  On our way back, the driver said "I haven't had dinner yet.  You mind if we stop at Little Caesars?"  We he left I looked over and saw a Sonic.  A few minutes later I screamed "MY SISTER WORKS THERE!!!!"  That evening (if she was working) I was only about 200 ft from my sister and she didn't even know!
 
Sad news; no Christmas calls on Christmas.  :'(  There are too many missionaries to be able to do that.  Instead, family: right before I fly to Prague, I can call.  We just need to wait till January 9th.
 
A couple other things before I wrap up.
 
I keep hearing how my brother Adam in improving substantially.  I keep thinking back to when I was set apart as a missionary.  My stake president had said in the setting apart that as result of me serving a mission, Adam will gain much understanding!  That would be cool if when I got back, Adam would be like a normal kid!
 
The post office closes Dec. 23rd for Christmas, so if you would like to send wnything, send it about a week before that.
 
I got a letter yesterday from all the people in my seminary class and my teacher Sister Cronin.  I love them.  It was nice of them to think of me during Christmas.
 
Lastly, My teachers are wonderful people.  I love them.  Yesterday, they brought in a baby Christmas tree for our class and they mailed us cookies, because they can't just bring stuff in for us.  I am excited for Christmas.  Our class is going to put all our Christmas gifts under the tree and have Christmas in the class room.  While on my mission, they are like my family.  It will be fun with them.  I do, however, miss my family and wish I could be there for Christmas.  I know I and my family will be blessed though for this sacrifice.
 
Well that is the majority of this week's events.  I love you all and wish you Marry Christmas!  Help others this Christmas, share the ultimate Christmas gift; the gospel of Jesus Christ, and Replace Fear with Faith.
 
-Starsi Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment