Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

I found out a few weeks ago that we could not call home for Christmas.  We get the next best thing; email!!!  We don't have much time to email today and also because so many people are using the email, it is really, really slow so I will fill you in on my Christmas as much as I can!
 
I am not going to tell you about this past week because that is what P-Day is for but I will tell you some cool things that we got to today.  We watched a program from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!  They sang Christmas songs.  They sounded beautiful.  We also heard from one of my favorite apostles this morning.  We heard from David A. Bednar.  I will tell more about it this Tuesday.  Overall, it was a great talk.  I was really able to reflect on my life.  His main message was about being truly converted to the gospel, not just having a testimony.
 
We then had a great Christmas Lunch!  Dinner is a sack dinner.  :)  It was really good though.  We had potatoes, carrots, yams, turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing; almost like Thanksgiving dinner, but for Christmas.
 
Our district also decided to open Christmas gifts, not as classes, but all of us.  I was able to receive some great things.  I got some food and some other things!  :D  But the most special gifts I got were two ties from my mom that she had made which say "Miluju Máma" which means "I love mom."  This was the first thing I learned in Czech back home and I said it often to my mom.  I love you mom.  The other really nice gift was receiving a photo album of me and my sisters when we hung out before I went in to the MTC.  Thank you Robbie for putting that together.  More important though was giving this year.  Last night I decided to have a gift for all the Elders in my district.  I made little cards and gave them to them yesterday, saying:  "Elder ______,  Your shoes you are planning on wearing tomorrow are cordially invited to a sleepover in residence 413 on Saturday, December 24th, 2011 at 10pm.  (Signed 'Preston Bahr')"  That night (last night) I shined 9 sets of shoes in an hour and returned them to their owners the next morning.
 
Being at the MTC and being a missionary around Christmas really has been very nice.  I can surly feel charity - the pure love of Christ.  I love serving people before myself.  I also have much more appreciation for the finer things in life.  Last night we had the privilege of watching "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens.  This movie until last night had never impacted me so much than it did.  This movie just made me really happy!
 
I am thankful for my family and love them dearly.  I wish them the best this holiday season.  I love this church and what it was to offer.  This gospel is true.  I am thankful I could write to you today and express my love for you.
 
I hope this next part makes it through on the email.  (There are special characters)
 
Já vím toto církev je pravdivý.  Já jsem vděčni pro moje rodinu a miluju vas.  Já svěči že Bůh je nás Nebeský Otec a chci nas pomahat abychom mohl být lepší.  Ježíš Kristus je náš spasitel a starší bratr.  Ve jménu Ježíše Krista, Amen.  Já mám vic mluvit ale ne vic čas.
 
Replace any fear you have with faith and you will see the hand of the Lord.
 
Vesele Vánoce!!!
(Merry Christmas)
 
-Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment