Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!

So, last week was awesome and this week was too!!!  Not many things happened, but they were significant.  I don't know where to start.
 
I see so many people here that look like other people I know back home.  I keep thinking I am seeing people from school, church, etc.  I have seen an Emily Risenmay look-a-like and get all excited then realize that it wasn't her.  Just a couple days ago, I saw my Priesthood leader look-a-like.  Brother Edwards was totally right in front of me.  It scared me for a second, then I looked closer and it was only another missionary.  Well I guess the good thing is; Brother Edwards, you don't look 30.  You look like you are 19 years old.  ;) 
 
Another cool thing was that I got a few letters!  Something especially exciting was that I got one from people in my ward!!!  My temple prep teachers got a few people my age, in my ward together and wrote a nice card.  It was very nice to hear from them and hear that that support me!  I love my ward family!!!!!!  I also got a letter from my old seminary class!  That was really special.  People said some things about how I have helped them since I've known them.  Sometimes we don't know the extent of our impact on people around us.  This is why we must always do our best and serve other people as Christ did.  Thank you ward family and thank you seminary class!!!  I love you all!
 
I didn't get just letters this week, I got 5 packages!!!!!  Friday, I got 2; Saturday, I got one; and Monday, I got 2!  Receiving packages really makes my day, and week!!!  I am getting a lot of junk food as well.  I haven't gained a bunch of weight yet, but if I get more food before I leave to MTC, I am going to have to pay for an extra seat on the flight to Prague.  No, I am just kidding.  The basketball games during gym help me.  I love playing basketball now!  My cousin Damian would love it here!!!
 
Now for the spiritual excitement of this week.
 
This week I was teaching another missionary in my class as an investigator.  As I was teaching, I started another sentence and two words into it, it was as if my auto-pilot put the emergency brake on.  The Holy Ghost told me to stop talking and I immediately stopped.  It was like the spirit telling me that my companion needed to say the next few things.  The message of the Holy Ghost to me was like cool, clear water.  It was said in a way to me that I could not mistake it to be from any other messenger.
 
Also, while I was teaching and I realized, if you want to receive revelation from the spirit; don't just stop, sit, and think - stop and seek for that inspiration.  Physically search your mind wait for the Holy Ghost to manifest the truth to you.  I can promise that if you are desiring the Holy Ghost to speak to you and you work to gain answers, you will get them.
 
I can testify that through the Holy Ghost, we can know all things.  We can ask God through prayer and he will deliver an answer to you by the Holy Ghost.
 
This was a short week.  I only have three more here.  I must make the best use of my time here.  I love life, I love being able to serve this mission.  I am glad that this Christmas season, I can give the ultimate gift to people; the gospel of Christ.  I am excited to go to the Czech Republic to bring the Czech people unto Christ.  I love my family and friends.  Remember that you are all sons and daughters of our Father in Heaven and that he loves and cares about each of you.
 
Replace fear with faith and you will be blessed.
 
Merry Christmas to all!!!
 
-Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment