Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wow! Week 5 already and Christmas just around the Corner!

It is hard to believe that Christmas is THIS month!  I have already been here a whole month and it feels like a couple weeks.
 
So this last week I met Brother and Sister Nally.  My sister Robbie took care of their mother.  They have been looking for me for a while now and stopping every "orange-head" (it is not red, it is orange) and asking them if they were Elder Bahr.  Finally after a devotional I went down and said hi.  Sister Nally then played the organ.  She was practicing for a performance for the MTC leadership.  She played "Phantom of the Opera"!!!!  I was in heaven.  She played so beautifully, it brought peace, joy, and happiness to my soul.
 
I got a package from my sister Robbie this week too!!!!!!  It made my week!!!  I got BBQ Pringles, granola bars, and Junior Mints, along with a nice letter.  I got a few letters from other people too.  My dad sent me a letter and my friend Kristina.  I love getting mail and packages.
 
I finished up my root canal.  It was a joy.  I had "happy gas".  I have no idea why I needed it.  My tooth was hurting and was became loose one morning and my gums were a bit swollen.  It was weird.  My dentist said it might be from what I told him.  I chipped my teeth when I was about 11 and that trauma could have done it.  He said it is usually after a couple years, not 8.  But that is the best guess.  I am glad I got it done in the MTC rather than in the Czech Republic with their not so great dental care.  It is a blessing in a way to have that tooth trouble now than later.
 
Funny quote that my Branch President said in a ZL and DL meeting;  "Life is hard.  Stupid makes it harder."  I just thought I'ld share that.  He is an older man that it is just funny that he said it.
 
So we taught an investigator this week and it was almost a flawless lesson.  We taught Faith in Christ, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End.  We said everything needed perfectly except in Czech "Vira" means faith AND belief.  So we needed to explain faith is also works, not just faith/ belief.  It took us a while to understand that from the investigator.
 
I decided I am going to audition to sing during a devotional or fireside here at the MTC.  I want to sing a solo.  I REALLY want to sing "O Holy Night" but I have other options I am going to pray about.  They are "Here Am I, Send Me", "I Feel My Saviors Love", or "Still, Still, Still".  I want to sing around Christmas time.  That is why two of my options are Christmas songs.
 
I got a haircut today and it was great because the barber was a guy and sitting there talking to him was kind of like the old barber that my dad took me to when I was young.  It was like a man's barber.  They just don't have those these days.  I sat there and talked about good places to fish, the Wallowa Mountains and hiking with my dad, the beautiful Northwest, and other men stuff.  ;)  It was very enjoyable and I got an amazing haircut out of it.  It is longer on the top and shorter on the sides.  I don't know why I didn't do this haircut sooner.  I wish I could post a picture of it because I can't really descibe it.  We can't upload pictures here though.
 
I understand my lovely twin sister is dating someone.  Remember Casey, you can't get married till I get off my mission.  You know why.  Enough said.  :)
 
Well other than that, this week was average.  Once I send this e-mail, I'll probably remember something to write.
 
I love it here.  I love my family and miss them.  Especially my brother Adam.  I have been blessed with the best family ever.  I have faith in Christ and God that they are blessing me and my family for my mission.  I love you all.  I love friends too.  Keep in touch.
 
Until next week, Replace Fear with Faith!
 
Elder (Starsi) Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment