Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On to Week 4!

The MTC has been wonderful.  I always start the letters like this, but I just have to say it.  This last week has been very spiritual and I was so lucky to have had two apostles come!  I will speak more on that shortly.
 
Thanksgiving was great.  I didn't think it would be as good as it honestly was.  Dinner was great.  We had turkey, potato's, pumpkin pie and all that good stuff!  I ate so much!  Like always, my family knows of this, I doused it all in cranberry sauce.  I love that stuff.  I wish I could upload pictures here, I would show you all my food.  That same day we did a humanitarian project.  We made first aid kits to send to Haiti, Sudan, Japan, and a couple other places.  I could truly feel the Lords hand in this.  I really felt the love and charity of Christ.  We made I think around 10k kits!!!
 
Now on the the apostles.  Elder D Todd Christofferson came.  Something he said that was really funny was about technology these days and sharing the gospel.  He said; "If Peter (I think from the Bible) were looking sown on us he would probably say - You wimps, with all your satellites, iPhones, iPods, iPads, internet, and everything, I could have converted the whole world in 10 months."He talked about Yielding your Heart to God.
The other apostle I REALLY enjoyed.  It was Elder Russell M. Nelson.  He is SOOOOOOOO intelligent.  He thanked us personally for what we do.  He mainly taught to be persistent in the Lords work.  He recounted of when he was called to open religion in Russia.  He had to go to Mr. Kartchner the director of religious affairs.  After trying hard multiple times and having to do so many things and wait years it worked.  He continued speaking and said regarding the man making it difficult to open religion in Russia "Brother Kartchner... I mean Mr. Kartchner... (everyone laughed)  That is what you want to think of not very nice people.  Imagine them dressed in white, all ready to be baptized..."  He went on in his talk and came up to talking of the word "Alleluia", which means Praise to the Lord God, Jehovah, and he showed us a song by the Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Alleluia.  The only lyric IS Alleluia.  It is beautiful.  As he played it, and I can't explain enough, I wanted to jump up and praise God and yell the desires of my heart.  This recording was 1000x better that the live MUSE concert I went to, and that is saying a lot.  I had to restrain myself from jumping up.  I had to think to myself: Is this appropriate?  I don't know how to explain enough how I felt.  It was like the spirit were sitting right behind me with a megaphone testifying of the gospel of Christ.  I went to the BYU Bookstore on campus the very next day to try to find the CD.  I found one!!!  ...but don't have a CD player.
 
I had a neat experience this week too.  I was teaching an investigator in Czech and I all of a sudden had the words come to me and the spirit felt so strong.  I almost got too emotional to speak when I bore my testimony.  It was a definite Duchovni Facka (Czech for "Spiritual Slap in the Face")  It was amazing.
 
Anyway, I need to finish up some stuff today, it is nice to be able to email people and share the gospel.  I know the church is true and that Jesus Christ lives!  He is our savior and will do anything for us.  Any trials we are going through are to strengthen us, no doubt.  I have felt the love of Christ in my life and am excited to continue to hear how my family is being blessed from my decision to serve a mission.  I love this gospel with all my heart and cannot wait to share the gospel in the Czech Republic in 5 more weeks.  Until next week, Replce Fear with Faith!  (I love that quote, it is from a great missionary Elder Draper).  I love you all!
 
-Starsi (Elder) Bahr!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment