Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Another Week Goes By!!!

Wow, time sure has flown by.  I love the MTC.  At times it is hard and discouraging, but then something really spiritual happens.  Just yesterday I was really upset because the language was so difficult and I am not getting it.  I felt behind in the class.  I kind of likened it to a child being forgotten about and needing to walk home in the rain after school because the parents forgot about it.  That isn't saying anything about my parents because I know they love me, but that is the sadness I felt.  I literally did not know what to do.  I was speechless when asked about my issue from my teacher.  A few minutes later, I was sitting in class and it was like the voice of the Lord spoke to me.  He said: "Peace, I am preparing you for greater things."  The spirit hit me so strong and even now writing this, I get chills and almost start crying.  I know God loves me and it is a great opportunity being here.  The ways I have felt here are so different.  I often feel so spiritual then sad, then spiritual and then sad again.  It is like when you break a bone though, it grows back stronger.  All these times I feel down just strengthen me even more then before and this happening repeatedly is going to help me a bunch.  It sounds odd, but I am glad to have these challenges.
 
So I found out the other day when we taught our "Investigator" that when we asked him to be baptized by my companion Elder Sewell, he thought we were saying "Will you come to Elder Sewells baptism?"  That explains why he was so willing to say yes.  I got a few packages this last week.  One was a whole box of See's Candy from my mom.  Miluju svou mamu.  I love my mom!!!  She is the best lady in the world.  It said Happy Thanksgiving.  I was so excited about it.  The other one I got today from my sister Casey.  She sent me some Burt's Bees chap stick, vinegar (for my cold and sore throat remedy), some Zebra G-301 pens, a letter and I think some other cool things.  I love my twin.  I couldn't ask for a sweeter twin.  All my other sisters I love dearly too.  They are so supportive of me.  They each gave me a letter to read the first night I was in the MTC.  They were nice heart-felt letters.  Hmmm, what else... I go ta letter from a friend the other day from Erika Juengling.  It was a fun letter.  Thanks Erika.  I also got a letter from my dad.  It was great.  I love letters.  I love you dad.  Thank you especially to my great family.
 
Hey so yesterday our district decided to do 100 push-ups in 5 minutes every morning.  I did it once and I am now sore ALL OVER.  It is good though.  When I get out of the MTC in 7 weeks, I will be BUFFFFF!!!!  We all do something else fun in the mornings.  Yesterday we sang Lion King and also made a didgeridoo band and attempted to sound like didgeridoos.  I have the best district.
 
We got 2 more districts in last Wednesday.  It was like Christmas getting new people.  Us zone leaders gave them an orientation and tour of the MTC.  It was fun because it was only a week in the MTC for me when I had to do this.  I just got done learning my way around.
 
Earlier this week I thought of a great analogy when teaching new people interested in the church.  "Our message should be a well tailored suit to the investigator.  If it doesn't fit well, they will not like it and try elsewhere.  We need to help our investigators love our message and want to come back for more."  Also, our teacher said "Don't throw your bucket of doctrine at investigators.  Use your bucket to give them what they need."
 
Well I only have a couple more minutes left on the computer so I just want to say that dispite the bad times (that are strengthening me) all is well and I LOVE it here.  I can't wait to serve the people in the Czech Republic.  I love you all and well write again next Tuesday.
 
Replace Fear with Faith.
 
~Starsi Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment