Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Mission is GREAT!

Hello everyone.  The mission has been great.  I got here and was greeted by a guy from Scotland and he carried my bags as we were all processed into the MTC.  We have really full days here.  So little time for being lazy and so much time to be learning to gospel and language.
 
Let me tell you about my companions.  I am in a "tripanionship" it is me, Elder Sewell from England and Elder de Angelis from Italy.  The first day we had our first branch meeting.  We had a few speakers and it was very nice.  The presidency shows their love all the time.  Next we got to our room and went to language class and class instruction.  It was crazy!  We started learning the language immediately!  No Czech was spoken by the teacher for a couple hours.  We then were able, as a branch to teach people.  It was like a little conference where we talked to an "investigator".  I remember a lady Hely that we talked to and her daughter has cerebral palsy and whe doesn't know what to say to her to be comforted.  I stood up and spoke to her about how I have a mentally handicapped brother who I know is here to bless us in life.  I received inspiration while there.  One reason my brother Adam is in my life so that I can relate to people I meet and share my testimony of how these disabled people we care for are blessings to us and others.
 
The second day we were here was busy too but also kind of scary.  We had to teach our first lesson... In Czech!!!  Our "investigator" is Stepan (Shtye-pan).  It was nice to be engulfed in the language but it comes with it's challenges too.  I know that the Lord will help with the language.  I got a little discouraged because I was having trouble learning it but when we taught in the language I felt much better.
 
We had a meeting on the 10th and a quote by Jeffery R. Holland was brought up.  It says "Even though it is the still, small voice, there is a thunder pounding in the heart of the investigator and the missionary."  I don't know why I want to share this quote, but I really like it and it is true.  In that same meeting I had a chance to bear my testimony and I did.  After that I was shaking.  Not because I was nervous, but because I felt the spirit so strong.  I sure love it here in the MTC.  Next we had a Branch Presidency welcome.  In there we all bore our testimonies and introduced ourselves.  After that I was called back and was asked if I would accept the calling as Zone Leader.  I DID!  I am excited about it, but it is a lot of work.
 
While in class I was nervous about our second lesson to teach Stepan so I prayed about it and I got the impression to open to Acts 1:5.  It came into my mind after praying that we would be able to teach by the spirit.  It talks about having the spirit.  I don't remember ever studying this scripture, but it came into my mind.
 
In sacrament meeting this Sunday District D sang a special musical number.  They sang "Praise to the Man".  I could feel other people in the room from the spirit world singing along with them.
 
I love the MTC and know this is where I need to be.  I KNOW the church is true.  I used to think; How can you KNOW the church is true...  but during the most recent general conference I noticed a lot of church leaders said "I testify..."  But that doesn't mean you can't know...  In the MTC, my testimony has sky rocketed.  I can say know the church is true and I have a testimony that this is the Lords work.  God is our Heavenly Father, Jesus is our Savior and Brother.  The spirit testifies of Christ and the Book of Mormon is TRUE.  I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my God and be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
I will write again in a week!  Replace Fear with Faith!
 
Starsi Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment