Monday, April 23, 2012

Great Week!

This week was a good one.  We didn't get a lot of lessons but we worked hard.
 
First, I forgot to mention something I did last week!  We took part in "Mormon Helping Hands".  It was in Czech though, so it was "Mormonské Pomahajicí Ruce!"  We cleaned a park.  It was funny, 5 of the 7 missionaries wore shorts (including me).  We finished the first park and we were on our way to the other park we were planning on cleaning and we were told to go home because we weren't dressed warm enough.  :)  It is not a big deal at all, it is just funny.  We were fine, but a Czech culture thing is to pretty much wear a jacket, no matter what the weather is until about the middle of May.  The service was fun though and we got a lot done.
 
Speaking of weather, it is beautiful out.  The trees are turning green and the flowers are blooming.  Also, the bees are coming out.  The bumble bees here are HUGE!!!!! They are like the size of a nickle around!  If you open your windows to your apartment, aparently they will start flying in.
 
We did some tracting this last week and found a lady that was so happy we came by.  She was in tears.  She told us we are sent from God.  We are coming back in a couple weeks when she gets back from Poland.  I had almost no trouble with the language while we were speaking.  I believe it was because the Holy Ghost was so strong and helping me speak.  She insisted on paying for a Book of Mormon, but we declined and said it is free.
 
Today we have a presentation at a university, so with us luck.  I will talk more about it next week!  :)
 
We had lunch with a member this week who was a member during communism.  He showed us his Book of Mormoms from that time that were disguised as Karl Marks books.  It had a KM on the front.  During communist times, tesimonies would be written in English in the front, saying to read this book and the spirit of the Lord would come into your life.  I asked him where I could find one of these and he went over to his shelf and took of the top another copy and gave it to me.  He also gave me a Doctrine and Covenants.  I will attach a picture.
 
Nothing else really happened other than the usual.  I am seeing miracles every day here.  I know the church is true and I am out here for a good cause.  Have a good week this week and replace fear with faith, like I always say, and everything will turn out fine.
 
I love you all and thank you for all your support,
-Starší Bahr.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment