Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Šli jsme do Prahy.

I am writing today because yesterday I was in Prague doing visa work.  It is already time to renew visas!
 
One thing I remembered from last week was about conference.  We had a fun time with it and I don't know why I forgot this main point about it.  We did not have conference DVDs until about an hour till it started.  The DVDs never made it here for us to watch so we had to scramble around to get copies off the internet from members.  In the end we watched it all, so that is good.
 
I might have told you about an investigator named Štefan last week, but maybe not.  Anyway, we have a new investigator that we got during a singing display.  He told us in one of our meetings a week ago that right before I contacted him, he had been praying for guidance.  It is great to see the Lord working through us.  A lot of times we don't see the impact we have on people, but it is a special treat when things are pieced together to show that our Heavenly Father cares about all of us.
 
Last week an interesting thing happened.  One of my companions was gone in Brno for training for being a district leader and so my other companion Starší Clyde and I went around that day.  We walked out of a store and saw this man trying to get peoples' attention.  Other people that walked around him were making fun of him or being rude and disrespectfully ignoring him.  My companion and I were nervous about what the man needed and we thought maybe it was a mentally ill man (there are quite a few) doing what a mentally ill man would do.  I continued to walk past him and he grabbed my arm and started talking to me.  I started talking with him to and I noticed that he was blind and lost.  He had been trying to get help from people to find his way.  I helped him to where he needed to go and felt bad that people were so mean to him.  One guy around him was stomping his foot at the man to scare him.  We walked away and I led him to where he knew where he was and let him go.  After I walked away I thought about the story of the Good Samaritan from the scriptures.  I am glad that I can represent the Church of Jesus Chist in so many ways.
 
As I said earlier, I went to Prague yesterday.  That is also what the letter title means.  Pronouced like this: "Shle-e sme doh Prahee."  We went there for paper work and it was fun.  We woke up for a 5:30 train and went.  We got there and got mail; of which I got a letter from my brother Adam and my two nephews Ethan and Justin.  They drew me pictures.  Then we went to lunch with the APs and office Elders.  It was good I got curry pasta.  Then we went around and saw the inside of Prague Castle, the outside, and went across Charles bridge, then wandered around a bit more.  It was fun.  There were SO MANY tourists!  The most of them were French or Japanese.  Then we got visa work done and went around some more.  We went to the Česká Kuchyně for dinner.  It is the place we went to when we first arrived in the Czech Republic.  It was our very first meal here.  It was good food!  We had trouble finding the place though and ended up asking 5 different people for directions.  Only one knew where it was and it just so happened to be jsut down the road from him.  We got our food, I got Svíčkova, and we left for our train.  We missed our train because we went the opposite direction from the restaurant.  We kept thinking: "Oh, this looks familiar!"  It wasn't though... :)  So we finally made it there and came back to Ostrava, getting back around 9:15pm.  It was a fun trip.
 
Though being a missionary is difficult at times, I am glad I am.  I just need to replace fear with faith.  Then things get easier.  Take care this week everyone and be happy!  Thank you to all who support me and encourage me!  I love you all!
 
Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment