Monday, April 2, 2012

Not Much for this Week, but for Next Week.....

Again, I blink and realize it is Monday.  I hope everyone is doing well and happy for Spring!  It is warming up here to and there are a lot of birds and sun, and warmer weather.  I love it.  The city of Ostrava in blossoming not only with flowers, but with the gospel.  Next week I will be able to write about something really exciting happening this Saturday!  You will see next week!
 
This week we had a specialized training (zone conference).  It was a good one. At the end, we sang our mission song and like always, it got to me.  I get emotional every time!  Back to the conference.  We learned about how to teach more unified as a companionship.  We learned something from Sister Irwin too, the mission president's wife.  I don't remember what she said, it just inspired me to be a more humble person.  Sister Irwin in an angel.  :)  We also heard testimonies from departing missionaries.  One of the testimonies included a personal story that prompted me to write a letter to my mom, who I love so dearly, and tell her how much I appreciate her.  I really do appreciate her too.  Lastly, I got to have an interview with President Irwin.  I always look forward to spending a few moments to talk with him personally.
 
Our companionship is awesome.  Starší Clyde, Starší Stimpson, and I are in the Přivoz area of Ostrava.  We work so well together.  This transfer, if all works out, we could see 5 baptisms!  We like to serve eachother.  Starší Stimpson came up with a fun way to serve.  We fight.  Whenever there is something that needs to be done, like the dishes, ironing our shirts, etc.; we fight over it.  Sometimes while one of us who is ironing our shirts walks out of the room, another one of us will try to iron it real quick before he comes back in to finish this shirt.  We have so much fun together.  We laugh at so many things, but when we need to be serious, we do it.  Our lessons are so great!  We feel the spirit so strong as we teach!
 
Something funny that happened this week was we were waiting at a tram stop and some guy came up and asked us where we were from.  We said Amerika and he just started laughing.  He continued to name off all 14 languages that he apparently knew how to speak.  One was German.  We spoke a bit and then got on the the tram and spoke some more.  We even spoke to Czech people in German, like when he asked this lady if she wanted to sit down where we were about to sit.  We spoke some more, talked about our families, where we grew up, etc., and I gave him a pamphlet about our church and I left.  Throughout the whole thing, he was so giddy.  He laughed at everything.  It was all because he was so drunk.  It was great to get a chance to speak some German, and to share the gospel a little bit, but it is too bad that he probably will never remember it.  The gospel is for everyone.
 
A great experience:  Yesterday on the tram I had a feeling to talk to this guy that was probably 26 or 27 and he had his headphones in.  Regardless, I spoke to him.  He didn't believe in God because of his circumstances.  We got off the same stop. We spoke a bit more to a cross walk and it was red for us but no cars were coming, so he crossed.  I stayed to be safe.  He kept walking.  I felt panicked.  I didn't want to loose him.  He really needed the gospel.  I prayed that he would wait for me.  He stopped at a Trafika to buy cigarettes at the window, walked a little bit and stopped.  He decided to wait for me.  So we talked a little bit more and I gave him our card.  As I talked to him, I felt the Holy Ghost working RIGHT THROUGH ME.  I promised things that were pretty bold to promise, without hesitation.  I hope he calls us.  That day, I felt love for people that I have never felt before.  I had always wondered how you can love someone that you just barly met.  I can see it now.  As I teach with the spirit and do it with charity, I will feel this way.
 
I love being a missionary.  All is well here and I see the hand of the Lord in this work.  Remember what I say every week; 'Replace Fear with Faith' and all will go well.  Take care this week and continue to strengthen your testimonies of our Savior every day.
 
Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment