Monday, April 30, 2012

Ostrava is Great.

The weather like I have sid in past emails is PERFECT.  The other day I got a little bit of a burn too!  (Nothing happy about that.)  :)
 
Since our baptism a few weeks ago, things have slowed down quite a bit.  We are trying to teach a bunch of lessons, but it is difficult.  People keep cancelling.  YOu know what this means.... Soon, something amazing will happen.
 
Last Monday we as a district (all the missionaries in Ostrava) had a presentation at a university.  It went better that we thought.  We taught about the Restoration of the church of Jesus Christ, then we passed out a little booklet about it with our contact information.  No calls yet, but I hope we influenced people for future missionaries.  Someday a missionary companionship will get a call and have a really cool investigator.
 
Something I would like to share that I have learned so far since starting my mission.  It is something I am really proud to say now.  I have learned from my companion this transfer to turn outward.  I enjoy serving people now.  I will gladly share.  I still have many other improvements I need to make in many areas, but that is one thing that I have learned since being out here.
 
Often our district or even just our companionship will go to this really good restarant here.  It is vegetarian.  Here is the thing though.  It is REALLY good food!  It costs 80 Kč (around $4) and you get FREE water (Free water is VERY rare) and you can just keep asking for more until you are full!  Not just these dishes, but almost all Czech dishes are very good.  The other day I had fried cauliflower.  It was delicious.  Something very intersting though (by interesting I mean I won't get it again) is Carp soup with dill.  I had that with a fried block of cheese a couple weeks ago and, one I felt the cheese going through my veins and two, the soup... hmmm.  I didn't want to finish it.  It wasn't horrible soup, it was just past the point of maybe trying again in the futrue.
 
Speaking of food, every Sunday I make bread for my compaions.  I have been teaching one of them too, now he makes better bread than me.  But yesterday, We decided to make cinnomon rolls.  For all the bread and other food made, we have not had recipes, but it somehow turns out fantastic.  Yesterday's cinnomon rolls were NO exception.
 
The other day we went to find some less active member.  No one was home, some people were the wrong address, and some move a LONG time ago.  Something cool though, we saw the Google Maps car taking the pictures as it drove around.  My companions and I stopped and faced it as it drove by.  The driver knew exactly what we were trying to do and started chukkling.  We tried our best to make it look inconspicuous.  I even took out my planner and "pretended to find an address."  When ever they update it, we should be at the intersection of Kranichova and Hladnovská in Muglinov, Ostrava, Czech Republic.  :)
 
Yesterday at church was great.  This week we decided to do Czech learning week.  Our goal was to speak 100 hours of Czech during the week.  Sunday, I realized how much it helped.  I understood all of church!!!!!  I was so excited.  I see miracles every day here.
 
Anyway, I've got to go.  Take care this next week and find things that make you happy and share it with people.  Oh, can't forget - Replace fear with faith.
 
Starší Bahr



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment